Product Owner, Data Ops
Product Owner - Data Ops
Can be based in MA, NJ, or NY (Preference MA)
BNY Mellon Data and Analytics Solutions is a public- and private-cloud-based software and content offering that builds client-centric data, technology, and content capabilities. Operating with the skill and agility of a fintech, Data and Analytics Solutions combines the expertise and resources of the Eagle product suite, Intermediary Analytics, and other BNY Mellon technology and data assets. Moreover, the division further extends BNY Mellon's Asset Servicing capabilities in securities and cash into the world's most important asset class, data. Data and Analytics Solutions helps firms to analyze their data from different vantage points and transform it into actions that can achieve higher alpha and cheaper beta, with lower costs and less risk. Offering an ecosystem of proprietary and third-party business applications, Data and Analytics Solutions helps firms manage their core investment processes and beyond.
For this position, we are seeking a Product Owner to work in our Data Ops group. Where you will be leveraging Agile processes to quickly produce and release customer value. You will be responsible for helping define and validate a standard data ops pipeline and support our business lines where needed. You will deeply understand the customer problems, the technology and will have direct impact to our business.
This requires you to:
• Have excellent communication skills across many different audiences, from Customers to Engineers to Executives
• Excel at Customer empathy and have great negotiation skills
• Be creative and bring a different point of view to solving problems
• Work across teams to deliver full Product solutions
• Lead by setting great examples and willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
• Understand what it takes to deliver products and services in a SaaS model
• Be flexible in our fast-paced environment
• Be creative and willing to take risks
This is you:
• Strong Product Owner enjoys writing delivering great Products/Services
• Minimum of 2 years of financial services experience
• Customer advocate and expert user of our products
• Experience with web technologies and delivery models: Public Cloud, SaaS, Mobile, distributed cloud services, distributed data, caching, Restful APIs, etc.
• Hands-on experience working in agile software delivery teams
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment (think startup)
• BS degree in Computer Science or Finance.
BNY Mellon provides investment management and investment services that help individuals and institutions invest, conduct business and transact in markets all over the world. Headquartered in New York, BNY Mellon's 53,000 employees are located in 36 countries and serve more than 100 markets. As a leading Globally Significant Financial Institution, BNY Mellon has approximately $32.2 trillion in Assets under Custody (AuC) and administration, more than $1.8 trillion of assets under management and manages ~40 petabytes of data on behalf of its clients. In addition, the company is the world's largest provider of Corporate Trust and Depositary Receipt services and a leading provider of Broker Dealer, Liquidity, Payment and Global Markets services. BNY Mellon ranks as the 7th largest global asset manager and 8th largest US wealth manager.
BNY Mellon is singularly focused on serving our clients-it's one of the things that differentiates us as a company and a culture. Technology is critical to that mission-making our clients more efficient, and protecting them and the global markets in which they operate with world-class risk management and resiliency. Qualifications
MODIFIED BASED UPON LOCAL REGULATIONS/REQUIREMENTS Bachelor's degree in business or technical-related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred. 6-8 years of experience in providing consulting advice to senior IT and business management required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-Massachusetts-Wellesley Internal Jobcode:
Asset Servicing Organization:
Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302 Requisition Number: