Product Owner - Associate/Associate Director
Product Owner - Associate/Associate Director Grade:
11 or 12 ( based on background and experience ) Location:
We are considering candidates in the following locations: New York, London, and Centennial The Team:
S&P Global Ratings provides essential intelligence in credit ratings, research, and insights to drive growth and transparency. The Technology Product Management (TPM) group is responsible for delivering business value through technology solutions and guiding the product lifecycle for over 100 internal and external applications. The Digital Engagement (DE) team is embedded within the TPM group and supports overall Ratings Technology through partnering with technologists and users to ensure that the impact of technology changes is communicated effectively. The DE team plays a critical role in ensuring users' voices are heard. The Impact:
As a Product Owner on the DE team, you will work with stakeholders and team members across regions, create and deliver messages internally that illuminate S&P Global Ratings Technology's strategic direction, image and brand. This role contributes to leading change in a fast-paced environment, while executing in an effective, efficient manner. What's in it for You?
You will help grow awareness of S&P Global Ratings Technology and closely partner with TPM leads and Ratings leaders to drive various corporate initiatives.
You will work in a dynamic group with cross-functional resources and will be responsible for working closely with end users, Product Managers and internal partners to identify and respond to meaningful product development. Key Responsibilities
- Translate complex or abstract technical concepts into simple, easy to understand messages and illustrations
- Work across the S&P Global business to promote and advocate for Ratings Technology
- Assist in shaping and executing Ratings Technology (and TPM's) communication strategy, including but not limited to communication of product enhancements, fixes, roadmaps, progress on execution of technology priorities, etc.
- Provide user support through creation of communication materials (PowerPoints, Quick Reference Guides - QRGs, clear and concise emails, etc.)
- Ability to customize communication materials for various audiences (tailor materials for junior, senior and executive audience levels)
- Solicit user feedback through attending Analytical huddles and meetings
- Assist in enhancing and maintaining the TPM Hub site
- Proactively plan and manage personal capacity (assist with managing team member's capacity)
- Ensure strong, efficient operating processes are established and followed
- Assist in building, coaching and developing junior DE team members to successfully execute their roles and develop their careers
What we're looking for: Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent knowledge, skills and experience
- Strong communication skills and attention to details (strong written, visual, oral, interpersonal communication skills, active listening, ability to build consensus and support across functions and at all levels)
- Execution-driven; timely execution with superb quality (with minimal to no guidance)
- Demonstrated experience developing, directing and executing strategic internal communications programs and managing internal customer expectations
- Display an expert fusion of executive storytelling, presentation mastery, and a passion for technology
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- 7+ years in Industry: Financial Services or Technology
- 5+ years understanding or working with Ratings applications, internal and external customers
- Knowledge of Financial and Credit Market Services
- Familiarity with Lean Management Principles
Behaviors & Traits:
- Advanced degree; Master's degree in Business Administration
- 3-5 years of experience working as a Product Manager for scrum teams, Project Manager, Business Manager, Analyst, and/or equivalent
- Understanding of financial services domain and/or S&P Global Ratings
- Familiarity with WalkMe, agile values, scrum framework and/or Kanban
About S&P Global Ratings
- Highly ethical, creative, collaborative, and competitive
- Comfortable not knowing answers, but resourceful; ability to resolve issues
- Coachable; open to receiving and providing feedback; genuine desire for professional development
- Highly self-motivated and directed; track record of identifying needs and creating and driving new initiatives
- Flexible and adaptable (agile); willing to learn and take on new tasks, while developing new ways of doing things
- Enjoys and takes pride in their work; loves to help people and can work well independently and in groups
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings .
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdfdescribes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
257770 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States