Product Owner - Asset Movement Platforms - VP
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services leader with three core businesses - Institutional Securities, Asset Management, and Global Wealth Management. Global Wealth Management is offered by the Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) franchise, which has one of the world's largest networks of Financial Advisors. This role is in the MSWM Strategic Client Services (SCS) organization. SCS encompasses a wide range of services and support designed to add value to our clients with a shared goal of serving the best interests of our branches and our clients. Job Description:
This Vice President position will report to a designated officer within the Asset Movement Platforms team, part of Strategic Client Services (SCS), and will work closely with partners and stakeholders across Wealth Management to support various asset movement systems (i.e., systems used for the movement of money through Automated Clearing House, Wire Transfer, check disbursement/deposits, intra-firm transfer of cash and securities, and real-time payments processing).
The role ensures the applicable systems meet the needs of our end users, including field facing personnel, operations, and others while complying/enforcing firm policies, procedures, and standards, in addition to regulatory bodies.
Responsibilities include business/product ownership of various asset movement service platforms, process reengineering and platform integration. This position will also help manage day to day support of these processing platforms (e.g., production outages, escalations), while driving strategic initiatives. Responsibilities:
- Provide Product Owner Leadership, Business Analysis and Subject Matter Expertise to deliver enhanced and streamlined systems/processes to our field services teams.
- Lead projects and direct partners across MSWM throughout various project life cycles to ensure alignment and cohesiveness.
- Gather and create business requirements/user stories for enhanced and streamlined processes through feedback sessions with various field and home office partners.
- Lead efforts to develop and deliver field marketing, training and communications across the broader WM organization as it relates to platform and policy changes and help drive adoption of changes.
- Lead internal and external audit engagements, as needed.
- Perform other miscellaneous project leadership activities as directed by head of Asset Movement Platform team.
- Must be highly motivated and an independent leader with a strong work ethic.
- Experience leading/managing people preferred but not required
- Prior business analyst and leadership skills required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both business and technical contexts.
- Strong analytical, process-oriented, user experience, problem-solving/issues-resolution skills.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and excellent follow up skills
- Be able to work in a strong team and high activity environment where the sharing of ideas and talents is encouraged and welcomed.
- Ability to work independently in a multi-tasking, deadline-driven environment.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required.
- Experience with JIRA preferred.
- Money Movement process experience preferred.
- Agile methodology skillset preferred.
- BA or BS preferred, but not required.