Product Owner – Director
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 22 Sep 18 2018-09-22
Product Owner – Director
The Role: Product Owner - Director
The Location: Considering candidates from London, New York City, Singapore, and Centennial
The Team: S&P Global Ratings provides essential intelligence in credit ratings, research, and insights to drive growth and transparency. The Technology Product Management Group is responsible for delivering business value through technology solutions and guiding the product lifecycle for over 100 internal and external applications. With a global staff of business analysts and product owners, we support over 50 scrum teams to deliver transformational workflow, analytic, content and customer facing platforms.
The Impact: You will be the TPM leader supporting the project lifecycle - from scope definition through adoption. You will work hand-in-hand with business stakeholders to find the best implementation to meet their challenges. You will guide the investment of our technology resources to transform and maximize value in our business.
What's in it for you: Product Owners are the heart of Technology Product Management. You will have the opportunity to be exposed to many types of technology and aspects of S&P Ratings business, as you rotate across project engagements with defined goals, and resourced with scrum teams that you will guide to a successful implementation that satisfies or surpasses its expected business value.
- Work with Champion, Technology Product Management and Technology Leads to shape project proposals including business case, vision statement, and resource estimates.
- Document high level requirements needed for the estimation process
- Lead requirement alignment and prioritization across multiple scrum teams during the build phase of the product lifecycle. Effectively communicate product strategy and roadmap and get the team excited about the product vision. Create an atmosphere of empowerment within individual scrum teams by providing guardrails and clarity on success measures, while allowing an iterative approach where failing fast is embraced
- Drive ongoing improvements in process by coaching and leading multiple Business Analysts and cross functional scrum teams
- Ability to understand technical challenges and make educated trade-offs with your team.
- Drive product demos to end users, stakeholders, and other product owner peers. Constantly solicit user feedback and look for opportunities to incorporate them into product roadmap.
- Understand tech trends and how they might affect the product roadmap through innovation.
- Collaborate with change management teams to establish effective adoption strategy, training materials, and communication plan
- Translate client feedback/requests into product ideas for enhancement releases
- Interact regularly with and influence senior management and leaders outside of TPM
What We're Looking For:
- Advanced knowledge of agile and scrum methodologies
- Shapes and leverages advanced conceptual thinking to solve complex and/or completely new or novel situations that have never been dealt with before. Actively pursues innovative solutions that align with the company's tolerance for risk (business and reputational).
- Able to influence the direction and thinking of senior stakeholders
- Skilled communicator who influences and negotiates with great latitude on various outcomes for an entire Business/Segment/Function internally and externally.
- Leads and directly impacts the professional and/or technical direction and strategy for a discipline or a core product including shaping and designing new policies, procedures and standards
- Meeting facilitation, communication, and presentation/ public speaking skills
- 10+ Years in Industry
- 7+ Years in Business Analysis or Product Management
- Fundamental knowledge of the Technology Architectures and Approaches within S&P Global
- Have a data-driven mindset, with an understanding of how to apply KPI's and measures of success for Product development
- Business value and business case development
- Fundamental knowledge of all functional areas of S&P Ratings including all analytic business units, operational, risk and methodology processes, and terminology
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.