At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity encouraging an environment where employees can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective. Fitch is also committed to supporting its employees by advancing conversations around diversity, equity and inclusion. Fitch's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) have been established by employees who have joined together as a workplace community based on similar backgrounds or life experiences. Fitch's ERGs are available to connect employees with others within the organization to offer professional and personal support.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey.
Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide have helped fund a century of growth and enables you to make important credit judgments with confidence. Department Overview:
The Fitch Ratings Product Tribe is a cross functional team responsible for identifying, evaluating, prioritizing, implementing, and managing new ratings product initiatives which support the strategic vision of Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions. The goal of the Fitch Ratings Product Tribe is to deliver continuous improvement to enhance the quality of Fitch's ratings and supporting analytics by utilizing new tools, content, datasets and models. The Ratings Product Owner role sits within the Fitch Ratings Product Tribe which is part of Ratings Global Operations.
Ratings Product Owners are responsible for being the voice of the customer on behalf of Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions, building products which deliver business value to market participants.
Ratings Product Owners are skilled at defining product roadmaps and breaking them down into smaller prioritized components that enable frequent delivery of business value.
Product Owners champion a test and learn approach, and are willing to test ideas early rather than waiting to release ideas over a long period of time. They engage stakeholders regularly in order to gather feedback and determine business value. Candidate Profile:
An energetic product development leader who is passionate about using his/her market knowledge, business acumen and communication skills to translate vision to tangible business value. The candidate will be enthusiastic about engaging with customers, stakeholders, and their cross-functional squads to understand business challenges, develop creative and innovative solutions, and bring them to market.
The ideal candidate will be skilled at defining product roadmaps, and breaking them into smaller prioritized components that enable frequent delivery of business value. The candidate will have a collaborative and customer first mindset and will be comfortable working in an environment with colleagues that have varying levels of agile experience. Key responsibilities
- Defines overall product strategy and direction based on Fitch strategic objectives and "Product-Market Fit" (market & customer dynamics, competitive gaps, business strengths)
- Engages with customers and/or customer-facing stakeholders to gain a clear view on customer needs and the competitive landscape
- Communicates with stakeholders to ensure a common understanding of the roadmap
- Coordinates across other Tribes within the Ratings Global Operations team
- Works with stakeholders to identify and prioritize features to meet customer needs
- Participates in all Agile ceremonies including backlog refinement, sprint planning, sprint retrospectives and daily scrum meetings
- Thrives in an Agile environment working closely with squads to define and align sprint goals
- Works closely with the Agile squad members to provide timely feedback and answers to their questions; ultimately accepts or rejects the product increments of the sprint
- Owns the product backlog, feature prioritization, product roadmap and the MVP
- Collaborates with relevant stakeholders and squad to validate the product, and to determining whether the product is feasible to build from a resource, time, technical, or regulatory perspective
- Manages the value identification and realization for the product
- Works closely with distribution tribe to support product launch
- Bachelor's Degree and 10 years of product development experience
- Agile practitioner capabilities and experience working with or in Agile teams
- Proven track record of delivering data driven solutions with a customer first mindset
- Ability to see the business as a customer and translate requirements into technical and data solutions
- Ability to create and maintain a backlog and roadmap, and to prioritize that backlog based on business value and technical feasibility
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to adapt communication to audience
- Ability to work to get things accomplished in a matrixed organization
- Experience and expertise to work within an emergent agile framework
- Relevant industry or functional experience depending on the product
- Certified Product Owner (CSPO) certification is a plus
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.