Bloomberg's Business & Employee Operations team is seeking a Data Management Product Owner who will be responsible for providing domain expertise as it relates to data governance, data quality and master data management! This person will be responsible for developing and implementing an enterprise data management and data quality framework across various data domains (customer, employee, vendor, material, etc). The goal of this role is to improve decision-making capabilities across the organization and also support transactional systems and processes as it relates to master data.
This person will be in charge of developing a roadmap and backlog revolving around data management best practices, industry standards and bespoke needs. You will assess and analyze the current master data processes, collaborate with key partners and internal team members to gather objectives. We are looking for a motivated individual who can create a compelling product vision that is executable by the team, links what we do to why we do it, adapts the message to the audience, is compelling in communicating a vision or plan, encourages and takes people with them. We Will Trust You To:
We'd like to see:
- Improve efficiency and lower business risks by ensuring the highest quality data is delivered, managed and maintained via enterprise-wide master data governance strategy
- Ensure processes are in place to proactively detect, correct, and prevent invalid data values
- Develop data quality KPI's and establish processes to continuously monitor and improve data quality
- Drive data governance workshops and discussions with individuals at all levels within the organization
- Independently analyze and tackle complex problems involving data quality issues, system response time and business rule conflicts
- Oversee data dictionary, socialize with data stewards and support organizational change efforts.
- Perform data profiling and cleansing by evaluating data gathered from various sources, identify anomalies, reconcile differences, develop dashboards and improve the data quality following or expanding existing data governance processes.
Does this sound like you?
- 3+ years experience working on either material/customer/vendor master data
- Experience with any data quality tool
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills and proven ability to effectively solve and provide master data strategies and solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Experience working in the following data domains a strong plus:
- Facilities and real estate
- Capital projects
- Procure to Pay (SAP)
- HRIS Data
- Data warehousing (Greenplum, Hive, Hadoop)
- Bespoke systems
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.