Product Owner-Fitch Ratings Website
The Product Owner, Fitch Ratings Websites will oversee the innovation and execution of the Fitch Ratings websites, leveraging best-in class technology and systems. The business continues to grow rapidly and our Fitch Ratings websites ensures visitors, prospects and customers can connect with Fitch Ratings people, products, and insights in a seamless and engaging manner. In addition, the Fitch Ratings websites supports the regulatory and compliance objectives of Fitch Ratings.
The successful candidate will have expertise in designing and building engaging websites and a proven ability to spearhead the vision, execution, and support of the product through grounded pragmatic execution in partnership with others. They must aspire to build a great, modern customer experience that prioritizes both functionality and usability.
Reporting to the Tribe Lead for Distribution, the Product Owner will be a highly motivated and collaborative candidate to drive exceptional product management principles across the organization. In this role, you will be partnering with stakeholders from across the business to set the agenda. The individual will work within a team and be responsible for delivery through project initiation, execution, and deployment in a scrum-agile work practice. This product leadership role is also responsible for effective stakeholder engagement, directing work assignments, product roadmaps, influencing the balance of scope-budget-timeliness and strategic planning. Responsibilities
- Drive the Fitch Ratings websites agenda, working closely with the scrum team as customer #1
- Define and clearly communicate a prioritized roadmap that articulates the objectives and key results and measurable improvements to support the key business goals.
- Provide updates to senior Fitch management at Quarterly Business Reviews, in addition to other regular updates to stakeholders on strategy, successes, learning and progress on product vision
- Own the backlog, prioritization, and roadmap as a Scrum Product Owner and lead the technology teams through scrum ceremonies.
- Leverage usage analytics and other data to drive prioritization and other product decisions.
- Understand high level Epic requirements and decompose these into smaller packages of work as user stories for implementation within the Agile team.
- Work closely with the Scrum Master and other members of the Agile team to deliver key milestones, including managing and prioritizing the sprint backlog to ensure the work items delivered align to sprint goals.
- Lead and inspire, through influence, the Agile team to instill a customer centric mindset, with an eye towards innovation as well as reducing technical debt
- Work closely with other Product Owners within the Distribution Tribe to ensure alignment with the Tribe Lead's strategic vision and direction
- Develop collaborative relationships with Chapter Leads, as well as Product Owners and Scrum Masters across other Tribes to ensure successful outcomes for overlapping resource dependencies
- Minimum of 8 years professional experience delivering scalable, efficient, and engaging websites
- Considerable relevant industry or functional experience with credit rating agencies or knowledge of financial information services
- Passion for data-driven and metrics driven decisions
- Approaches problems pragmatically with a focus on delivering high-quality products
- Agile practitioner capabilities and experience working with or in Agile teams
- Communicate with business as well as technical audiences. Able to write clear and concise documentation, user stories, and excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to achieve successful results in a matrixed organization
- Strong team-work, co-ordination, organization and planning skills
- Function independently and as part of a team under aggressive deadlines in a fast-paced environment, convey a strong professional image, exhibit interest and positive attitude toward all assigned work, and strive for continued improvement.
- Impressive presentation skills and experience communicating and convincing audiences from analysts to senior leadership
- Familiarity with Content Management and Delivery
- Familiarity with web technologies (APIs, React, VueJS, etc.)
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) a plus
At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity, employees work in an environment where they can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey.
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.