BQuant Enterprise is Bloomberg's brand new, cloud-hosted data science platform designed specifically for financial markets. BQuant Enterprise combines a powerful, Jupyter notebook-based development environment with Bloomberg's comprehensive range of high-quality, market leading, multi-asset-class financial and alternative data sets. Your role:
As a Product Manager, you'll be responsible for designing the next-generation of our Python-powered Dashboarding solution. You'll need to design the entire end-to-end experience; from Python code, to publishing workflow all the way through how consumers view and interact with user-developed dashboards.
This is a high-leverage role in a very cross-functional environment so you'll need to be comfortable wearing many hats and balancing technical expertise with business acumen. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Interview quants, data scientists and other stakeholders to deeply understand their workflows, synthesize feedback and map user requirements into tangible feature sets
- Define and articulate a compelling vision for how users can use Bloomberg's data science platform (BQuant) to easily create, share and consume Dashboards and other interactive apps
- Work with a talented engineering team to scope work, solve problems and manage the software delivery pipeline
- Communicate across the organization to align efforts from many departments
- Define key elements of our go-to-market strategy and ensure a smooth product rollout
We'd love to see:
- 5+ years of experience in a Product Management role
- Strong familiarity with Python, especially Jupyter notebooks and Pandas
- Experience with dashboarding tools such as Plotly Dash, Bokeh, Voila, Tableau, or Lookr
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and help out even when it's not in your job description
- Prior experience in financial services and an understanding of the investment research workflows
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with public cloud providers such as AWS or Azure
- Experience with Kubernetes
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.