Product Manager, News & Research
JobDescription : S&P Global Market Intelligence The Role:
Product Manager Grade
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 10A The Location:
New York, NY or Charlottesville, VA The Team:
As a member of Global News and Developments product management team, there will be opportunity to work closely with team members across the globe. The members of your extended team will include colleagues from technology, sales and account management, client support, marketing, research, as well as many other product and platforms teams whose expertise contributes to the overall industrial solution. The Impact:
This role will impact our ability to attract and retain existing customers by ensuring we stay ahead of their changing needs and deliver a relevant, timely, and best-in-class news experience. What's in it for you:
- Extraordinary opportunity to shape the news experience
- Generous benefit package, including four weeks paid time off, eighteen weeks parental leave, tuition reimbursement and much more
- Opportunity to collaborate across divisions and globally
What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications:
- Focus in the product development process for select areas to identify growth opportunities and develop a robust pipeline for long term growth.
- Work with the development (technology) scrum team to progress product development in an agile based environment
- Defining new product features and requirements, UX, scope, and functionality
- Partnering with internal and external partners to bring product concepts to launch
- Partnering with stakeholders to define product roadmaps, prioritize feature sets and partnering with development teams
- Obtaining feedback on the product to iterate and drive improvements in future releases
- Influence product development by providing feedback to business managers on use demand, market practices and product enhancements
- Building consensus and justify product recommendations in terms of client workflow/need, usability, intuitiveness, consistency, and business goals
- Develop and execute on go-to-market strategies for product rollout/launch
This program/position is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States.
- Product Management knowledge, specifically experience with a financial focused news organization
- Ability to oversee multiple projects with varying timelines and across multiple teams
- Detail oriented, able to identify key questions, make product decisions and determine how pieces of the puzzle interact and impact the overall project
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, high pressure environment
- Motivated, self-starting, willing to take risks and challenge conventions
- History of teamwork and proven ability to deliver results
- Possess the ability to work within a group, and to collect and interpret stakeholder feedback
- Excellent communication skills with ability to engage, influence and inspire partners to drive collaboration and alignment
- Agile (Scrum) experience
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.