Product Manager, Managed Accounts
BNY Mellon's Pershing is seeking a Product Manager, Managed Accounts. Pershing provides integrated end-to-end managed account solutions that includes custodial, technology, investments, operational, trading and practice management support for advisors. Our Managed Account Solution is an intuitive, cohesive and flexible advisory experience that can help increase efficiencies and create scale and is designed to deliver seamless accessibility to advisor-directed, mutual fund/exchange-traded fund wrap, model marketplace, separately managed (SMA) and unified managed accounts (UMA).
The Product Manager, Managed Accounts
position will primarily be responsible for the product strategy and management of our client onboarding and servicing capabilities provided through the platform supporting our advisory solutions. This person will lead product management, development and strategy for significantly large and/or complex products of strategic importance. Role is not always tied to a specific product. Usually assigned to product areas with high-growth potential or that represent a niche/specialty offering and has fully developed core expertise on industry trends, market segments and competitor services/offerings.
- Analyzes complex client requirements and develops solutions that may include more than one product.
- Must understand the economics behind products and demonstrate business acumen.
- Responsible for crafting the strategies behind product development and delivery.
- Must have market knowledge to integrate the demands of various regions and stay ahead of competitors.
- Is directly responsible for product profitability across a range of large, complex, global products.
- Ensures Operations, Technology, Risk, Compliance, Legal, etc. team concerns are addressed during the product development, enhancement, delivery, strategy, and planning processes.
- Employs a client-focused, strategic approach to develop the business case for firm offerings in the marketplace through in-depth and complex analyses on client segments, competitive landscape and industry environment.
- Demonstrates in-depth and comprehensive knowledge of assigned products, the marketplace and client needs to drive product growth/development and maximize profitability.
- Seen as a firm expert on a key product or product portfolio of strategic importance to the firm.
- Creates product management roadmaps and establishes evaluation criteria and success metrics.
- Oversees pricing, promotion, distribution strategies and competitive differentiators.
- Positions products for specific client segments, highlighting key benefits and competitive advantages.
- Works with sales and relationship management teams to support sales efforts and close on deals as needed.
- May also be responsible for revenue goals, profitability, and pricing for assigned products along with capital and operating budgets.
- Guides junior product managers and directs and works with operations and systems managers during product implementation to ensure operating plan goals are met. No direct reports.
- Provides guidance to less experienced colleagues as needed. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives and profitability of assigned product(s).
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
- 10-12 years of total work experience preferred.
- Experience in Product Management, operations, client management preferred.
- MBA or CFA preferred. Product Leadership Certification preferred.
- Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Pershing Domestic-HR06431} Requisition Number: