Product Manager, Enterprise Delivery, S&P Global Platts Product Management
JobDescription : Role:
Product Manager, Enterprise Delivery, S&P Global Platts Product Management G rade
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 11 Location:
S&P Global Platts | 55 Water Street - 37th Floor | New York, NY 10041 The Team:
As part of the Digital Platform and Enterprise Delivery Team, you will deliver the data flow strategy with ground floor innovation through simplification and abstraction of complex data processes across the business. Digitizing Platts by focusing on Machine-to-Machine interaction, this cross-functional team provide APIs for raw data delivery, streaming functions for real time, and bulk delivery for voluminous requests. We deliver content and analytics to internal platforms and direct to external consumers where, when and how it's needed. The Impact:
Platts creates over 10,000 daily assessments used for 1,500+ cleared financial instruments that transact in excess of $10 billion every day. We stream over 20,000 bids, offers and trades a month from more than 450 of the top commodity trading companies globally. Furthermore we track 60,000 plus vessels live, create over 1,000 weekly reports, monitor nearly 90% of the world's refineries and much, much more. In a nutshell, we have a lot of data.
The role, building business problem solving APIs within our API framework, offers unrivalled exposure to the real time commodity markets, a unique perspective on how this data is valued across all walks of business, and the ability to shape and build the future of this data flow. As the cornerstone of analytics, exposure to knowledge graph and AI technologies gives the role tangible depth in real world application of this data. Strategic responsibilities:
- Interact directly with clients and the developer community to understand, define, iterate and deprecate API capability roadmaps and requirements as the commodity market evolves
- Lead internal product planning to define the data and component APIs for client requested datasets and functionality
- Insist on a consistent, scalable and sustainable API suite across all delivery mediums preventing silo developments for individual downstream consumers
- Align with diverse internal business units on strategy and goals, assessing their development needs, fit and integration requirements
What W're Looking For:
- Define success metrics, use data to drive decision-making and present both financial and technical points of view to c-suite
- Write user stories and executable requirements, process flow diagrams, and acceptance test criteria for APIs, overseeing quality assurance and deployment
- Lead sprints to build and refine APIs, partnering with the engineering team on short-cycle design and scrum interactions, meeting dates against objectives and deliverables, driving decisions and escalating appropriately
- Build out and evolve Platts developer portal to DX guidelines providing a consistent mechanism to deliver API information to consumers
- Create a consumer-developer communication forum including: sharing the technical roadmap, public issue trackers, clear release notes and changelogs, etc.
- Evangelise a simplification agenda with: novice compatible documentation, plain development practises, consistent method and library use, appropriate versioning and name spacing, etc.
- Encourage a Self-Service approach by providing input into entitlement and making our APIs more approachable and easy to use in trial and test scenarios
We are seeking a Product Manager with demonstrable experience of consumer led API product development and management, coupled to a strong consumer side Developer Experience (DX) ethos. Deploying our technical scrum teams, you will own, drive and create APIs to deliver features and functions across a diverse suite of datasets that are both simple to use and fundamental to the global commodities trading and risk markets. This person will be held accountable for execution. Tangible deliverables and measurable success are common in your past. You are able to demonstrate experience of successful delivery on scope, on time, and on budget. Core qualifications:
- 5+ years product experience at global FinTech or cloud company, building best-in-class APIs, developer experience and documentation for trading communities
- Working knowledge of derivatives trading and resulting client API expectations
- Track record delivering both complete and micro-service structured API solutions for RESTful and Real Time deployment
- Exposure to real time platforms such as Apache Kafka and familiarity with the Kong stack of API tools a bonus
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in technical or science major
- Experience with both Agile and Lean methodologies
- Customer-first mind-set with ability to understand and act on customer insight, generate new product and service offerings ideas based on customer data and insights
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to link product design and features to strategic objectives while using data and metrics to substantiate assumptions and recommendations
- Diplomacy and tenacity when managing and communicating with stakeholders at all levels of business alongside a firm ability to assume positive intent
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.