CEPRES is a leading digital solution provider developing solutions for private equity, the fastest growing institutional asset class today. We develop and distribute an award winning Digital Investment Platform while connecting thousands of professionals to the largest private investment network worldwide.
CEPRES began in 2001 as the Center of Private Equity Research. Headquartered in Munich, CEPRES has expanded its international presence and now has offices in New York, Denver, London, Heidelberg, and Singapore. Our team is also incredibly diverse with over 12 nationalities in 6 different locations globally.
At CEPRES we value smart and innovative people who also work effectively in a team environment. As a dynamic, agile company, we encourage our staff to focus on achieving results and growing their potential.
We’re looking for a highly skilled product manager to join us to take responsibility for the concept, roadmap, and development of our award winning portfolio monitoring solution for private market investors. This includes understanding the customer and managing the product vision, product lifecycle, prioritizing company and customer requirements and working closely with our software engineers to deliver market leading products.
It includes developing ‘Go-To-Market Plans’ with senior management, sales and marketing to ensure revenue and customer goals are met. Lastly a key part of the role is bridging the gap between product and sales by attending relevant prospect meetings, positioning CEPRES value proposition and helping ensure we win new clients.
- Reporting to the Chief Product Officer and working closely with all stakeholders across sales, marketing, technology, account management and delivery.
- Understand client needs and current market trends for Portfolio Monitoring
- Assess competitor offerings, seeking opportunities for differentiation
- Drive innovation in the CEPRES products to attract new clients and determine strategy to ‘win the market’
- Define the product strategy and roadmap
- Prioritize features and backlog to optimize adoption and increase market share
- Guide agile product owners and software development teams to develop the product
- Contribute to product pricing and positioning strategies
- Work with Marketing to maintain product awareness with internal and external stakeholders and ensure strong market messaging and positioning
- Work with Sales to support prospect meetings and winning business with new clients
- Attend meetings with prospects and clients and be the SME for CEPRES portfolio monitoring products
- Ask questions, understand client needs and position matching CEPRES products that underwrite the value proposition of our solutions
- Prepare for and execute product demonstrations and POC trials that convince prospects to buy our products
- Support and coordinate RFI and RFP and other client information requests about CEPRES products and work with sales and delivery to ensure cohesive and winning responses
- Monitor user engagement with product features through analytical tools and client feedback to optimize future product development
- Be a CEPRES expert and advocate to the market; learn all aspects of CEPRES solutions and how they solve client problems and be a champion raising awareness to clients and the industry at large
- Be a private markets expert, be aware of industry trends, drivers and initiatives, especially in relation to portfolio monitoring; understand the competitive offerings and their differentiators in the market, read trade and industry journals to keep abreast of industry thoughts and initiatives
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in Product Management
- 3+ years relevant experience in Private Markets software solutions
- MBA or equivalent work experience
- Strong coordination skills, able to work with cross-functional teams to achieve results through teamwork
- Sharp mind and creative thinker with analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter-success driven and hardworking to make things happen
- A passion for leveraging analytics and metrics to drive effectiveness
- Experience in Agile software development methods
- Relevant tools and software experience for product management
- Being part of a strong and unique growth story – the largest digital Private Markets network based on innovative data gathering and state-of-the art analytical tools
- Competitive salary with monthly bonuses linked to personal performance
- Exciting and challenging role in a dynamic and international team & environment
- Work in private equity - one of the most demanded and attractive finance industries today
- Professional development opportunities and potential for career growth
- Support with training and coaching
- Contribution to health plan (US)
- Eligibility to our exchange program across locations
Did we get your attention?
Then we would like to hear from you and schedule an interview. If your profile fits our criteria, please send your application in Word or PDF format (max. size 5 MB) to email@example.com. Please include: “Product Manager – Portfolio Monitoring” in the title of your email.
Looking forward to receiving your application!