Product Manager - Enterprise Quant Platform
The Business and Team
BQuant is Bloomberg's brand new cloud-hosted, multi-asset class quantitative investment research platform designed specifically for financial markets. We are looking for an experienced professional from a quantitative investment research background to come and join our team and help us create the industry best solution.
This is a unique opportunity to join a cross-functional team with Product, Engineering, Quant, CTO, and Client teams on a high profile project. The team is global, located in London, NY and San Francisco. We are expanding the team, along with similar hiring in our Engineering department, to accelerate the range of products and use cases we support. Your Role
You will be responsible for identifying target markets, challenges worth solving, and how to solve them, as well as executing upon that strategy. Examples of areas you could be working on include:
We'll trust you to:
- >Core platform: This could involve working with Engineering and other stakeholders on desktop and cloud integrations, developing the UX, workflow and tools for connectivity, environment and project management, so that customers can focus on solving their business problems.
- >Apps Product: This could involve working with Engineering on low-code app building so that customers can distribute their models as applications to end users.
- >Domain-specific workflows: This could involve working with different product groups on specific initiatives to specialize more general platform features for ESG, index or portfolio analysis.
You'll need to have:
- Help develop the product strategy and drive the execution plan for our quant platform
- Own the roadmap and backlog, taking into account customer input, product strategy, value propositions, competitor analysis and internal operational requirements
- Manage each stage of the product life cycle, prioritized by understanding the market and feedback from our customers
- Assess the potential value of new initiatives and prioritize them in line with the platform goals
- Work with Marketing and Sales to help explain and promote our product to clients
- Perform market analysis of trends that could impact strategy, roadmap, or positioning
- Lead the design of platform features and participate in workflow design to help our customers solve challenges in alpha research, risk or trading
- Play an active role in the delivery of analytics products from hypothesis to experiment design and results analysis to help inform the platform features you develop
We would love to see:
- 3+ years experience taking complex end user workflows to market, gained in a data-focused/quant role
- Experience working in a team creating tools and/or platforms for data science and/or quant finance
- The ability to effectively coordinate and work with Engineers, UX, Data Scientists, Product Managers and Executive level
- Practical knowledge of use cases and systems spanning the workflow from research to implementation
- The ability to gather and prioritize business requirements and translate these into user stories and an actionable backlog
- A broad understanding of at least two of the following: machine learning techniques, trading algorithms, fundamentals of statistics and experimentation frameworks
- Analytical approach to customer feedback resulting in improving the product roadmap
- Problem solving mindset, doing what it takes to solve the problem for the customer
- Excellent communication skills (documents, presentations, verbal) to both technical and executive audiences
If this sounds like you:
- A degree/masters/PhD in a STEM subject or Economics/Finance
- Prior experience working on quantitative products at a leading financial institution
- Strong practical knowledge of modern quant and data science tools
- Demonstrable knowledge of use cases in two or more asset classes
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.