Product Manager - Alerts
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 21 May 19
Product Manager - Alerts
S&P Global is seeking a Product Manager to work support the build out of our alerting and notification solutions for the S&P Global platform.
Our ideal candidate will have…
- Experience working on alerting products
- An understanding of the use of financial data and news
The Career Opportunity:
The position plays a key role on the S&P Global Platform Product Management team and for the organization as a whole. The Product Manager role offers exposure to all S&P Global divisions and clients, and opens doors for tremendous career opportunities with S&P Global. In the role, you will be responsible for developing and delivering the alerting capabilities of the S&P Global Platform. You will also be responsible for interfacing with internal and external stakeholders to ensure what we build drives real client value and to ensure that all areas of the business are aware of and are leverage enhancements to the platform.
Our Hiring Manager says / Other Accountabilities:
"Successful candidates will combine an understanding of the financial news and data with experience building and working with complicated technical systems. The ideal candidate will have previous experience building an alerting platform. In addition, candidates should be able to work well in a team, be highly self-motivated with the ability to execute independently".
- You will have the ability to present to technical audiences commanding sufficient subject matter expertise
- You will have a passion for building product and working with complicated technical systems
- You will be able to multi-task and manage multiple projects at a given time and under tight deadlines is important
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
The Product Management team works in close collaboration with internal divisions and teams -Sales, Marketing, Account Management and Client Services, Content, and Technology-as well as with our clients to create and deliver the roadmap for platform Alerting capabilities. As Product Manager, you are uniquely positioned to be the main point of contact and source of information for client requests. Your job is to create the best possible alert product for our client, including:
- Serving as product or project owner on several high profile, high impact deliverables for our next generation of alerting capabilities from concept through launch
- Working with various internal and external stakeholders to build the roadmap for alerting capabilities
- Work with divisions and their customers to understand, refine and deliver a system that meets their requirements
- Execute on the broader alerting migration
- Developing and executing on go-to-market strategies for product rollout/launch
- Become the subject matter expert on alerting, staying up to date on the latest updates in alerting.
- BA/BS in finance, business, or related fields
- 5+ years of product management experience working with Agile/Scrum
- Strong knowledge of global financial markets
- Experience working with alerting and notification systems
- A professional, highly dedicated, detail-oriented, and energetic personality, with the ability to work and thrive in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to create and deliver complex solution including building platforms
- Demonstrable, directly related product development work experience. Familiarity with major data, research and analytics platforms like CIQ, Factset, or Refinitiv a plus.
- Excellent presentation skills. Ability to take on internal and external presentation responsibilities
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.