Product Manager- Contributed Research
Bloomberg runs on data. In our Global Data business we're all about capturing, analyzing, and enriching data that our customers depend on.
Our team is on the front line. We work hard to build the preeminent platform for investment research distribution - connecting thousands of content providers with hundreds of thousands of clients. We work with experienced engineering teams, content specialists, and sales to build new technologies that offer our data provider's intelligent means to distribute high quality investment research to their customers.
We're looking for a seasoned Product Manager to define how we make content smarter within the largest marketplace for investor research.
You understand what moves markets and makes the news in order to anticipate the ever-changing needs of investors all over the world. You are passionate about building products that empower our users by providing the most relevant and differentiated research possible. You are a self-starter with true entrepreneurial spirit, and have the vision and know-how to leverage technology to create meaningful and efficient solutions for our clients. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Develop and drive a strategic vision for Bloomberg's research data distribution platform that meaningfully impacts Bloomberg sales and retention
- Serve as the focal point between sales, content specialists, and engineering to enhance and improve the quality and breadth of our coverage
- Effectively manage product specification, prioritization, and backlog
- Lead cross-functional effort to ensure Bloomberg is aligned with our data providers and remains a source of reliable and quality information
- Continually address business needs through an agile process
- Clearly communicate product vision, execution plan, and development status with key stakeholders
- Manage multiple projects at the same time and able to shift priorities quickly when needed
- Follow technology trends and developments in the data, product management, and securities research space
Does this sound like you?
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a Product Management role (i.e. responsible for the roadmap of an engineering team)
- A Bachelor's degree or higher
- Strong leadership skills and experience, with emphasis on executing projects in a matrix organization
- Acute problem-solving and analytical skills (in particular, experience conducting product discovery by analyzing operational/ usage data and interviewing users)
- Experience setting and executing against product metrics/ OKRs
- Superior customer service, negotiation, and relationship management skills
- Ability to be as much 'all hands on deck' as you are 'get it done'
- Experience working with Scrum/ Agile methodology
- Passion for financial markets
Apply if you think you're a match! We'll be in touch right away with next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.