Product Management Lead
Ratings360 Product Management Lead Grade:
12 (internal purposes) The Team:
This role sits within the Global Business, Transaction and Product Management (BTPM) team and reports to the Global Head of Product Solutions. The role of the overall team is to focus on understanding and communicating the Voice of the Customer through consistent touchpoints into all aspects of an organization's hierarchy and structure to ensure existing product support and delivery of new offerings. What the Hiring Manager Says:
"The role will be focused on continued enhancements of Ratings' digital platform, Ratings360, by directly engaging with clients to showcase value of existing workflow tools, content sets and functionality to address business challenges of our clients. This role will closely work with Product Management, Sales, Technology, Analytical (in a compliant manner) and Operations to communicate market feedback regarding the value of existing functionality but more importantly, new platform enhancements that serve the needs of our clients to improve overall client experience and drive revenue opportunities.
Candidate will compile and prioritize Ratings360 needs/requirements and build 2-3 year product roadmap for Ratings360 Product Management to execute upon. With the primary goal to optimize the Ratings360 usage, candidate will partner globally with lead sales representatives on selling Ratings360 tools to existing client accounts as well as prospects across all segments of the S&P client base. In addition, candidate will be able to clearly articulate to internal stakeholder's value of product enhancements via market assessment studies and be able to determine projected revenue opportunities for the firm. Candidate will also need to train the global sales team on value proposition of the platform to promote more autonomous and independent sales outreach in the future. Lastly, a successful candidate will proactively work with the Market Outreach team to determine and assess product features needed from investor community." Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $82,600 to $188,600. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location. In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . Responsibilities:
- In-depth and continuous client engagement to fully understand a client's preferences/requirements to consume Ratings content through an online portal as well as optimal ways to integrate Ratings content into their existing and future workflows.
- Based on this understanding, develop an in-depth 2-3 year prioritized product roadmap with projected revenue impact focusing on deepening existing client relationships and expanding the platform's capabilities where needs are identified.
- Beyond revenue and market share growth, key performance indicators include customer satisfaction feedback (e.g. Issuer Survey), client usage data and contact (in-person/phone) volume metrics.
- Perform product demonstrations of existing and new products/services to obtain market feedback. Internal demonstrations to key stakeholders to showcase value of new product offering.
- Collaborate with Product Management teams to ensure full understanding of any new client requirements and hold relevant Technology, Data, Operations, Product Management teams accountable towards delivery of new product enhancements.
- Drive continuous engagement with Ratings Executive Management to develop and deliver new Ratings product initiatives. Also, regular engagement with senior members of cross functional teams across the Ratings organization to form strategic product development ideation and deliver of solutions to clients.
- Document the typical customer and their buying process. Conduct comparative analysis against market competitors and provide input to strategic planning of product direction and features.
- Define and size market segments. Determine the optimum distribution strategy.
- Participate in focus groups to continue to understand the Voice of the Customer.
- Use Salesforce and Google Analytics to analyze sales success and identify areas of opportunity to see value of Ratings360 platform.
- Use data and evidence to make prioritization business decisions. Articulate decisions to senior management as well as relevant Sales, Analytical, Technology, Data, and Operations stakeholders
- Partner with marketing team to drive demand via effective and intelligent marketing collateral and sales content.
- Define and execute a sales approach and strategy for defined client opportunities in partnership with lead sales representative. Lead presentation and overall sales approach.
- Role model to sales team; sales approach and communication of value statements in an effective way that serves as benchmark to close opportunities.
- Understand larger S&P Global product suite and technical capabilities to recognize cross-selling opportunities and demonstrate product knowledge.
About S&P Global Ratings
- 7+ years of experience in implementing and managing products and sales; experience at a large global organization highly desirable
- 7+ years of financial services experience and industry knowledge
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required; advanced degree in relevant discipline
- Acumen of S&P Global Ratings' business, industry and customers
- Comfortable with required business travel
- An understanding of S&P business and products
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to connect and communicate with all (commercial and analytical) levels internally within an organization as well as externally at a senior level
- Must be able to manage workload across multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be able to work independently, be self-motivating, take the initiative and personal responsibility to, for example, create ongoing relationships with their stakeholder portfolio
- Effective team worker who readily shares market intelligence and experience amongst the group
- Influence and advise management on necessary changes and execute against the portfolio and set plan
- Understanding of regulatory requirements and ability to adapt to global environment
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings. Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), PDMGDV202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
261330 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States