Product Management Analyst
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 17 Jan 18 2018-01-17
Product Management Analyst
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
We currently have a position open for a Product Management Analyst primarily responsible for supporting the Product Management Group in the growth and retention efforts for the investment products offered across product lines and distribution channels.
We are looking for ambitious individuals that possess a deep understanding of the financial markets, proven mutual fund and ETF experience, strong analytical and writing skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze market data to identify trends and opportunities for specific investment products to help drive the marketing and product strategy.
- Conduct insightful competitive research and analysis to help position our mutual fund, ETF, and SMA strategies effectively in the marketplace.
- Contribute to all aspects of the product management effort across the entire product line, with an emphasis on positioning and differentiating our products relative to leading peers.
- Assist in the creation of content for the development of sales and marketing materials.
- Provide investment updates and analyses, working closely with the Product Management and Investment Management teams, to articulate the latest views, outlook, portfolio positioning and investment results.
- Respond to product inquiries from external and internal wholesalers, as well as business partners across the organization.
- Work closely with the Marketing team to develop, enhance or update product support materials and sales literature.
- Generate analytical reports, data content, and competitive analysis using MPI Stylus, Zephyr, Morningstar, Lipper, and other data systems.
- Conduct ad-hoc data analysis supporting business development efforts for New York Life / MainStay Investments.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent business experience required. MBA, and/or industry designations (CFA®, CFP®, CIMA®) a plus.
- At least 3 years of investment-related experience. Prior Product Management, Investment Management or Research experience preferred.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and interpersonal skills. Attention to detail a requirement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Collaborative individual.
- Proficiency with industry tools, such as Lipper, Morningstar, Strategic Insights, Factset.
- Strong PC skills, including Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
** Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.