Product Controller- Securitised Products VP
As a Barclays Securitized Products - Product Control team member, you will be involved in activity within the business including a variety of Securitized Products. You will have an opportunity to lead the team ensuring and implementing completeness and accuracy of books and records. You will also be working with the team in making sure all controls are adhered to and in place and providing insightful commentaries into the overall Securitized Products market and desk strategy.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity. What will you be doing?
• Reviewing and analyzing PnL (profit and loss) while interacting with multiple teams for full implementation of controls in a timely manner
• Being a point of contact with the business on all control related issues with respect to revenue reporting, daily/monthly controls; ad hoc projects
• Managing and developing the team of Product Controllers ensuring timeliness and the required quality of outputs in regard to the applicable controls and deliverables
• Ensuring the completion of quality PnL commentary explaining the revenue drivers of the desk, supported by front to back data
• Developing a full understanding of the balance sheet while ensuring that books are closed in a timely and controlled way and balance sheet is fully substantiated
• Utilizing knowledge of system infrastructure and control framework to recognize and challenge potential infrastructure efficiencies and control gaps
• Leading initiatives with colleagues and other teams in the development of both infrastructure and control improvements and major enhancement projects What we're looking for:
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent years of experience
• Excellent experience with Finance and various Structured Products, Hybrid products [Whole Loans, RMBS Warehouses, Bonds, Interest Rate Swaps, CDS, TRS, CMO, Financing] Skills that will help you in the role:
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Leadership in previous roles
• Ability to develop and maintain constructive relationships with internal stakeholders across all levels and geographies of the organization Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.