As a Barclays Securitized Products - Product Control team member, you will be involved in activity within the business including a variety of Securitized Products. You will have an opportunity to lead the team ensuring and implementing completeness and accuracy of books and records. You will also be working with the team in making sure all controls are adhered to and in place and providing insightful commentaries into the overall Securitized Products market and desk strategy.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
- Reviewing month-end close for the business, including balance sheet and revenue reconciliations, general ledger and sub ledger adjustments and reserve calculations
- Liaising with the Front Office, Middle office, Accounting, IT and Risk management teams to solve various issues in a timely manner
- Presenting the weekly and monthly P&L commentary to director within team
- Performing and reviewing regulatory submissions such as IFRS13, IFRS10, BASEL III
- Representing product control in various regulatory, IT and business projects
- Managing analysts within the team and providing ongoing support with respect to BAU (business as usual) processes
- Implementing new policies and procedures applicable to the team
- Learning and understanding the balance sheet accounting for the securitized products business, close books and substantiate balance sheet
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent years’ experience
- Good experience in various Structured Products, Hybrid products such as Whole Loans, RMBS Warehouses, Bonds, Interest Rate Swaps, CDS, TRS, Financing and other products
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Excellent verbal and written skills and good analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting and finance concepts and prior product control experience
- Knowledge of market instruments and proficiency in MS Excel including macros
- Time management skills
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you’ll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.