S&P Market Intelligence The Role:
Product Analyst The Team:
S&P's CDS Team has responsibility for providing CDS pricing data based on contributed, quoted, and clearing data received from our buy and sell side clients. The team also provides support for reporting, historical data, trade conventions, credit auctions services and proactively designs the methodology for pricing CDS.
In addition, the team manages the processes that support S&P's CDS index family including iTraxx and CDX and is also responsible for S&P's CDS Clearing services. S&P's services are used by key financial institutions to help them monitor risk, mark-to-market and develop accurate forecasting models.
https://www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence/en/mi/products/pricing-data-cds.html The Impact:
This opening provides an excellent opportunity for an individual with OTC market (preferably CDS), and data management experience. We are looking for a motivated candidate to help support the needs of our North American client base, work with other team members around the globe and further develop S&P's CDS and Clearing Services. The position is critical to establish working relationships with our sell side contributors to ensure we operate smoothly, as well as with the sales team on Product specifics. What's in it for you:
- Client facing role
- Exposure and coordination with global team based in Singapore, India, and Europe.
- Team member will have the opportunity to work on large data sets
- Exposure to different products such as reference data and evaluated bonds and loans etc.
What We're Looking For:
- Responsible for supporting and supervising the day-to-day running of S&P's CDS, Index pricing service, & Clearing services
- Will be required to gain a broad knowledge of S&P's offerings and be able to speak effectively on them externally
- Liaising with and maintaining our relationships with the dealer trading desks, and IPV Teams to obtain the most up-to-date and accurate source pricing for the CDS instruments we provide data on
- Providing exceptional client service by responding to client questions and performing demonstrations of website functionality
- Will be required to build external relationships with clients in addition to receiving feedback, and acting on feedback from customers on our products
- Assessing the quality of data provided and removing data sources that do not pass rigorous data quality checks
- Responsible for data quality, cleaning algorithms and client/dealer price challenges
- Generating metrics and reports on the quality of composite data
- Will propose and help implement process improvements to realize synergies within the processes used across S&P's pricing products.
- University Degree (minimum Bachelor) in Financial engineering / Quantitative Finance / Finance
- Understanding of financial markets, knowledge of and exposure to OTC products
- Proven analytical, problem-solving, and quantitative skills. Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- Must be proficient in Excel
- Knowledge of SQL, VBA, and other programming languages advantageous
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact professionally with teams, senior members of the organization and clients
- Team player attitude is vital for the role. This includes giving and receiving constructive feedback, as well as a deadline-orientated approach to group projects
This role is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States. Flexible Working
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can. Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace. The Location:
New York Compensation/Benefits Information:
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $44,200.00 to $87,825.00. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, please click here . About Company Statement: S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Market Intelligence
partners with customers to broaden their perspective and operate with confidence by bringing them leading data sources and technologies that embed insight in their daily work.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
PDMGDV203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
287934 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States