- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 24 Sep 17
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
We currently have a position open for a Product Analyst primarily responsible for supporting the Product Strategy Group in the sales and retention efforts for the investment products offered across product lines and distribution channels.
The ideal candidate possesses strong understanding of financial markets and products, strong analytical and writing skills, and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and tasks.
The Product Analyst's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct competitive research and analysis to help position our mutual funds, ETFs, and SMA strategies effectively in the marketplace.
- Analyze market data to identify trends and opportunities for specific investment products to help drive marketing and product strategy.
- Conduct data research to support product management efforts and provide content for the development of sales and marketing materials.
- Work closely with the Marketing team to update product support materials and sales literature, as well as to provide content for marketing materials.
- Develop and maintain reports highlighting industry trends including fund flows, performance, ratings/rankings, and other factors.
- Generate analytical reports, data content, and competitive analysis using MPI Stylus, Zephyr, Morningstar, Ibbotson, Lipper, and other data systems.
- Maintain and update monthly/quarterly reports and existing competitive analysis profiles for use by key business partners.
- Ad-hoc data analysis supporting business development efforts for New York Life / MainStay Investments.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent business experience required. MBA, and/or industry designations (CFA®, CFP®, CIMA®) a plus.
- At least 3 years of investment-related experience. Prior Product Management, Investment Management or Research experience preferred.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills. Attention to detail a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Team-oriented individual.
- Proficiency with industry tools, such as Lipper, Morningstar, Strategic Insights, Factset.
- Strong PC skills, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
New York Life Insurance Company, a Fortune 100 company founded in 1845, is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States and one of the largest life insurers in the world. Headquartered in New York City, New York Life's family of companies offers life insurance, retirement income, investments and long-term care insurance.
New York Life Investments, an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company, is a premier investment management firm serving a variety of sectors-retail, institutional, bundled defined contribution and defined benefit, and guaranteed products.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
** Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.