Product Analysis and Design Associate, Regulatory Compliance - Product
For financial institutions, and the organization who work with them, meeting complex regulatory compliance and tax requirements is costly, time consuming, and inefficient. Regulators globally are issuing new requirements across different jurisdictions with multiple deadlines for adherence. Organizations are struggling to keep pace, and many are moving from one compliance deadline to the next as they increase staff and adopt point solutions. This lack of integration across the organization impairs visibility into operations making it difficult to assess overlap between regulatory requirements and adopt a best practice approach for addressing these compliance challenges.
IHS Markit has a requirement for an experienced Business Analyst to enrich its Regulatory and Compliance product set. Regulatory & Compliance products have an extensive roadmap of priorities critical to the success of the initiative. The role will be response for the line management and personal development of BA colleagues within the team. Alongside the management duties, the role will also perform of Business Analyst tasks in line with that of the Senior BA.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in business analysis, process modelling, workflow development and communication. The candidate should also possess strong analytical skills to help the team clearly understand the product requirements and deliver thoughtful, timely solutions. Duties & accountabilities
Education & experience
- Identify options for potential solutions, including assessment of technical and business suitability
- Use industry expertise to help define best-fit solutions
- Produce detailed business and functional requirement specifications from existing systems, previous drafts, and SME interviews
- Demonstrate the ability to use a broad range of business analysis skills, methodologies and techniques including Gap Analysis, Feasibility studies, Use case modelling, etc.
- Experience compiling User Stories and Use Cases to develop requirements for the Development team
- Ensure consistency of specifications across sub-systems. Look and feel / corporate branding very important
- Provide input into user interface layouts and create mock-ups, visual prototypes
- Utilize analytical tools to develop workflow, cross functional and process flow diagrams
- Liaise with internal and/or external clients to provide expertise and input where necessary
- Good client facing skills and the ability to work/communicate with clients to develop and interpret business requirements is essential
- Technical competency to troubleshoot and understand common problems and communicate to team
- Able to produce structured design documents
- Able to work with QA and Development Team to ensure implementation meets design and requirements
- Understanding and experience with workflow and rules engine based solutions
- 8+ Years experience as a business analyst in the financial markets
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree in Business or Technology preferred
- Thorough understanding of the software development life cycle
- Ability to author business rules implemented in a workflow solution
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Analytical and well organized
- Proven ability to work independently
- Careful attention to detail
- Expertise in MS Word, Excel, Visio, Project, PowerPoint
- Experience working on collateral Management systems is highly desirable
- Understanding of initial and variation margin rules is highly desirable
- Experience with new software product launch a strong plus
- A background working with the implementation of US/European regulatory reforms, KYC initiatives, or client onboarding is highly desirable
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.