- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Producing Lending Manager - Downtown
Producing Lending Manager - Downtown
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: High School Diploma/GED
- Job Function: Sales
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18041022
• Delivers upon the bank goal for mortgages with the assigned geographic area.
• Focus on the consistent deployment of all management routines that drive performance, including LMS usage (contacts, appointments, conversion rates) and outbound calling by encouraging and rewarding daily participation.
• Establish and maintain key relationships and business contacts within the community and targeted industry segments to create opportunities for growth.
• Go outside to key referral relationships (Realtors, CPA's, Builders, etc.) to drive mortgage business into the bank.
• Coach / mentor all home lending officers to ensure they achieve their individual performance plan (ensure they all have).
• Spends majority of time in the field with sales team and bank branch personnel.
• Conducts frequent sales meetings for team.
• Prioritize, manage and communicate promotional campaigns and product initiatives.
• Utilizing analytical information provided and real time experience in the area, analyze trends in both local/niche market and customer profiles to identify potential sales opportunities.
• Maximize the profit contribution from retail originations
• Works in partnership with the branch business to execute delivery of mortgage products
• Works in partnership with the other business segments in executing cross-sell opportunities
• Maintains strategic focus on CRA eligible loans utilizing Community BDO in assigned area
• Accountable for attaining origination, revenue, recruiting/attrition, compliance and profitability goals set by the National Mortgage Sales Director.
• Establishes and implements marketing strategies for the designated geography. Identify appropriate local business industry conferences and events for staff members to attend, prepare business justification, organize and present when appropriate.
• Serves as mortgage expert for all branch and field personnel in assigned area.
• Manage all possible related operations subject to volume/expense/regulatory/compliance issues by originating high quality mortgage loans for resale in secondary markets and portfolio.
• Liaison for escalated issues both from an operations and customer service standpoint
• Identify and develop existing staff to build bench strength.
• Responsible for hiring home lending specialists in assigned area.
• Responsible for the execution of the performance management process of the area sales team.
· High school diploma/GED required; Undergraduate degree in Business, or equivalent experience strongly preferred; MBA a plus.
· Working knowledge of branch based business.
• Proven experience in leading, managing, motivating and retaining a Retail Mortgage sales force
• 5 -10 years of management experience with proven experience in growing Retail Mortgage business in different economic cycles and achieving sales targets.
• Proven ability to source new business from external Centers of Influence, i.e., realtors, CPA's, Builders, etc.
• Expert on product knowledge Expert knowledge of the US mortgage industry and competitive environment - or ability to learn quickly.
• Proven ability to identify key customer needs and to develop programs, processes or products that meet those needs.
• Strong negotiator and solid influence management skills.
• Team player with demonstrated ability to work with all levels of internal and external management.
• Good communication and presentation skills. Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills with the ability to multi task and prioritize effectively.
• Maintains high standards of product, service and process quality; manages the business with attention to detail and data integrity; possesses good follow-up skills and manages projects to agreed upon timelines.
• Process orientated, results driven.
• Ability to lead and manage a diverse sales force, using multiple channels with a diverse client population.
This position requires the employee to register as a mortgage loan originator with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry ("Registry") and obtain a unique identifier from the Registry before engaging in mortgage loan originator activities, to maintain and renew that registration on an annual basis, to update registration information with the Registry on a timely basis, and to provide that unique identifier to consumers as required by applicable SAFE Act regulations and Citi policies and procedures.