- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Oct 17
Procurement Operations Manager
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Role / Responsibilities:
This role is responsible to support the process design and documentation for procurement and sourcing systems. The role will also be strategic in developing efficiencies through the P2P process and provide procurement systems administration support to all users of the company's P2P and sourcing and contracting platforms. They will provide reliable, timely and accurate procurement analytics. This will include creation of dashboard reporting and other ad-hoc reports to assist with procurement compliance .
- Partner with Service Owners, Global Strategic Sourcing and other Leaders to understand requirements and priorities impacting the procure to pay process and development. Work with business owners and stakeholders to fully understand end to end operations and optimize efficiencies where appropriate.
- Enhance data enrichment processes retrieving data from multiple environments in order to perform analysis, identify trends, enhance standard reports, and make recommendations.
- Work closely with internal resources to enhance category reporting by developing complex classification matrix, applying condition rules to map spend to appropriate procurement categories.
- Act as the escalation point for requests and inquiries from the global Moody's Population regarding reporting and contract management processes and procedures.
- Manage workloads and distribute projects across the MSSI team effectively.
- Conduct monthly KPI reporting on the Procurement Operations offshore team output.
- Establish new reports and reporting standards as dictated by business needs.
- Train new Procurement Associates and analysts on BIQ Opera reporting tool and the Ariba contract management system.
- Develop quality assurance processes for all facets of reporting and contract management outputs.
- Work with each line of business to identify & locate "missing" contracts to be uploaded into the Ariba contract management tool in accordance to Procurement Policies.
- Manage a supplier master listing linking subsidiary relationships to ensure accurate reporting.
- Oversee contract management functions and provide guidance and interpretation of Contract T&C's to be captured in the Ariba contract management tool.
- Liaise with sourcing and legal teams to respond to and/or redirect contract related questions to the appropriate Moody's employee.
- Oversee the update and maintenance of training manuals for all contract management and reporting activities.
- Support and sometimes lead system enhancements and/or implementations.
- Understand driving forces behind customer requests and collect and analyze both technical and functional customer requirements to drive successful system implementations.
- Manage quality assurance via system testing, deliver training and support change management efforts.
The Department / Team
Moody's Procurement Group consists of 3 departments; Procurement Operations, Sourcing and IT Asset Management and Travel. The role will reside within the Procurement Operations Department and work closely with all procurement leads and Senior Management.
- 5+ years experience in a Procurement Operations role
- Able to prioritize, run projects and meet deadlines
- Deep experience in procurement category reporting
- Experience with MS Access and Excel including queries, basic vba, v-lookups, graphing, linking tables
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with procure-to-pay system implementations and process improvement
- Experience with Ariba Contract Management
- Bachelors degree
- Masters Degree preferred
- CPSM Certification a plus
- PMP Certification a plus
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.