Procurement Enablement Team Leader
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. And through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
The Bloomberg Terminal quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world to over 325,000 customers worldwide. Our global terminal customers depend on our proprietary high-quality hardware to be able to access our terminal and make critical business decisions. Our Team:
Bloomberg's Procurement is a dynamic global organization, providing support to our external terminal customers and internal clients, operating out of 22 locations across 12 countries. We work hand-in-hand with our business divisions to support them in achieving success and maintaining efficiency. What does that mean? We procure the goods and services that Bloomberg needs to do business. We handle vendor-related risks and strive to deliver the best customer service in the world.
We understand urgency, work hard, have commercial acumen and are customer service driven. Our clients internally and externally count on us daily. Our team is tight, but our culture is wide open, where we challenge and support each other's creative ideas to remain first-class. Under one umbrella we collaborate to develop efficient solutions through new technologies and processes to keep up with Bloomberg's dynamic environment and business needs while ensuring the highest level of customer service.
Global Procurement is responsible for all direct and indirect spend at Bloomberg. We are a global team that takes pride in working with our internal clients, devising strategies and executing operational tactics based on the dynamic requirements of a fast pace state of the art business. What's the Role?
You have exceptional procurement industry knowledge across the entire source-to-pay process and are passionate about driving operational excellence. Our dynamic Global Procurement Department is seeking a driven leader to build and deliver an optimized end-to-end global source-to-pay process including related technology solutions, governance, training, and metrics. As the Team Leader, you will demonstrate good knowledge of procurement principals and leading industry processes, strong relationship building skills, and an eye for process efficiencies. We'll Trust You To:
You'll need to have:
- Design, implement, and maintain a global framework to govern Bloomberg's source-to-pay process by: Utilizing your market knowledge and procurement expertise to benchmark leading industry processes
- Identify process gaps and inconsistencies across Global Procurement and establishing and implementing comprehensive, standardized procedures, policies, governance, templates, training, metrics and reporting
- Leverage your knowledge of procurement-related technology to identify and implement new systems and tools that drive automation and efficiency
- Create and maintain a comprehensive Accounts Payable process inclusive of relevant IT systems and tools that ensure the accurate and timely payments of suppliers across global categories
- Develop key metrics and KPIs internally and for suppliers to identify opportunities for improvement
- Develop cross-functional relationships with internal and external partners to build influence, obtain buy-in and achieve continuous engagement in process changes
- Thoughtfully deliver change communication and new process training for internal and external stakeholders
- Automate and enhance analytical and reporting functions
- Build a culture of collaboration by effectively leading a team of 3
- Maintain and oversee new frameworks post-implementation while proactively identifying and driving continuous improvement
We'd Love to See:
- 10+ years of procurement experience
- 5+ years of experience in a global procurement "Center of Excellence" or in a procurement process improvement function
- Experience in multiple elements of the source-to-pay process with an emphasis on indirect spend categories
- Strong understanding of procurement related technology solutions and hands-on experience implementing new tools and systems from inception to delivery
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and collaboration abilities
- Experience leading and managing a team of direct and indirect reports, preferably on a global scale
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills with an ability to autonomously make decisions
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact in a cross-functional environment with all levels of executive management
If this sounds like you:
- Experience in large, global organizations and various industries
Apply - if we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps. Why Bloomberg?
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.