Allianz Capital Partners (ACP) is an alternative asset manager focused on private equity, infrastructure and renewable energy investments across several offices in Munich, New York, London, Singapore and Shanghai. The Associate will serve as a key member of the ACP Private Equity (ACP PE) investment team evaluating primary fund commitments, co-investments and secondary transactions for inclusion in the ACP PE global portfolio. The role will be based in New York and have regular contact with private equity colleagues in Munich and Singapore.
- Participate in screening and diligence meetings with new and existing managers, including pre-meeting preparation and post-meeting notes. Exercise judgment in sharing views and making recommendations to the ACP PE team.
- Conduct market research and maintain deal flow database. As needed, perform research on new areas – new types of managers, strategies, and geographies.
- Perform in-depth due diligence and prepare investment memos on primary, co-investment and secondary deals. Conduct a rigorous, highly analytical evaluation process that assesses quantitative and qualitative factors and results in detailed investment memos.
- Contribute to internal investment committee discussions and assist deal teams in responding to questions from investment committee members.
- Work alongside senior investment professionals in actively monitoring existing investments.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 3-4 years of relevant work experience – must have either direct private equity experience or primary fund / co-investment experience
- Strong academic credentials with a bachelor’s degree in finance or economics
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team to accomplish broader goals
- Able to handle multiple responsibilities with a high level of attention to detail
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic
Allianz Global Investors is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to an individual’s race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin or disability. Allianz Global Investors hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.