Private Equity Associate
As one of the world's largest independent financial advisory groups, we know that it takes a distinct perspective to make a meaningful difference to our clients' business and wealth.
Rothschild & Co is a global and family-controlled group. We provide M&A, strategy and financing advice, as well as investment and wealth management solutions to large institutions, families, individuals and governments, worldwide.
Having been at the centre of the world's financial markets for more than 200 years we can rely on an unrivalled global network of more than 3,800 talented employees and a track-record of outstanding execution with 50 offices around the world.
Our integrated global network of trusted professionals and decision makers around the world provide in-depth market intelligence, meaning we can be closer to current issues than any other global financial institution in our core markets.
It is this scale, local knowledge and intellectual capital that allow us to provide a distinct perspective and effective long-term solutions for our partners. Overview of Role
Rothschild & Co Merchant Banking, the private equity arm of the Rothschild & Co group, which is currently developing rapidly (from € 2 billion in assets under management in 2010 to more than € 11 billion today), is looking for a Private Equity Associate based in New York. The Associate will be assigned to assist the investment team of the Five Arrows Secondary Opportunities Fund ("FASO").
The Associate will be an active participant in helping to grow the business in the US and, in addition to investment transactional work, will have exposure to the entrepreneurial dimensions of being part of developing and advancing all aspects of the business. Responsibilities
Education and Qualifications
- Work with a dedicated team to perform due diligence of secondary private equity investment opportunities, including conducting market and company research, formulating valuation analyses, creating, running and managing financial models, and developing balanced, fact-based investment committee recommendations
- Actively participate in meetings with general partners and company management teams; contribute to team discussions, diligence discussions and client meetings
- Support senior investment professionals in identifying investment opportunities, leveraging the firm's investment platform and insights, and monitoring investment performance
Experience, Skills and Competencies Required
- The ideal candidate will likely have 3-5 years of work experience, preferably with experience in either the private equity secondary or co-investment industry in an investment role, and relevant corporate finance or investment experience (e.g., private equity, investment banking or management consulting)
- Knowledge of relevant investment markets, with a strong technical foundation in corporate finance and accounting
- A passion for understanding and investing in the private equity industry
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, including substantial experience in company and industry research, financial modeling and valuation
- Strong judgment and critical thinking skills, with the ability to articulate and present points of view and ideas effectively
- Strong sense of integrity and character with the ability to flourish within a European-based firm
- Intellectually curious and forward thinking
- Demonstrated ability to maintain humility and even temperament in a fast-paced and competitive investment environment
- Results-oriented personality, with a proactive and creative approach to problem solving
- Strong interpersonal and business relationship skills, along with a clear partnership mindset and comfort working collaboratively in a cross-border, team-based environment
- Proven ability to successfully multi-task, along with strong attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed; demonstrated ability to be proactive and work in an entrepreneurial setting
Rothschild & Co North America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Disabled/Veterans
Notice of applicant rights
Notice of applicant rights (Supplement)
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this career website.