- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 19 Feb 19
Private Equity Analyst (ANL) (#118022)
Direct Equity Partners Analyst
Direct Equity Partners ("DEP") is an exclusive private equity investment program sponsored by Credit Suisse. Overseen by an experienced team and built on a distinctive deal-by-deal structure, the program seeks to invest primarily in leveraged buyouts and late stage growth capital situations, as well as selected opportunities in real estate. The program is global in scope with a focus on developed markets and larger emerging market countries.
Direct Equity Partners generally seeks to invest alongside experienced sponsors/investors in companies/assets that have strong market positions and management teams. DEP has invested in companies that span a variety of sectors including financial services, industrial components, clean energy, technology, logistics, and health care through buyout, growth capital, take-private, and pre-IPO transactions.
DEP Analysts can expect broad exposure to all aspects of the DEP process including:
- Evaluating prospective deals and assisting due diligence efforts on private investment transactions
- Modeling and analyzing potential investments using various valuation techniques including discounted cash flow analysis, precedent transactions, comparable trading companies, leveraged buyout modeling, three-statement modeling, etc.
- Preparing and presenting documentation of investment analysis including investment memos and PowerPoint presentations to the Investment Committee and other key partners
- Monitoring the performance of the group's existing investments
- Supporting deal origination, business development, operations, and marketing activities
- Working and interacting with a global Ultra-High Net Worth client base
- Participating in meetings with senior members of DEP, management teams of target companies, Credit Suisse Private Banking Relationship Managers, and clients
- Conducting ad-hoc tasks related to product reporting, market research, internal requests, and marketing efforts
DEP Analysts will be high caliber self-starters who possess a strong desire to understand the dynamics of the private equity industry. We are seeking highly motivated, bright applicants who want to become an integral part of a dynamic team and exhibit the following attributes:
- Strong analytical and quantitative capabilities (highly proficient in PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
- Ability to think creatively and articulate complex messages and ideas simply and clearly
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Clear and concise writing skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Highly detail-oriented and organized; ability to juggle many projects and meet deadlines
- Team-player who has the desire to participate in an entrepreneurial firm culture
- Management and mentorship capabilities
- High degree of dedication
- 1-2 years of investment banking, consulting, or private equity experience
The anticipated start date for this role is in the spring/summer of 2019.