Private Equity - IRBD, Administrative Assistant
Job Description: Job Title:
Administrative Assistant - Private Equity Investor Relations & Business Development Business Unit:
Private Equity Investor Relations & Business Development, NY Start Date:
ASAP Firm Profile:
Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with $545 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com . Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone . Private Equity:
With $171 billion of assets under management, Blackstone's private equity business has been a global leader since 1985. We uncover value by identifying great companies and enhancing their performance by providing strategic capital and outstanding management talent. We aim to grow stronger enterprises, create jobs, and enable our portfolio companies to build lasting value for our investors, their employees and all stakeholders. Job Description & Responsibilities:
In this role, the assistant will support professionals responsible for global Private Equity fundraising efforts. The main areas of responsibility for the Administrative Assistant - Private Equity Investor Relations & Business Development ("PE IRBD") include:
- Supporting one Senior Managing Director, one Managing Director, one Vice President and additional junior professionals
- Managing calendars including scheduling appointments, confirming meetings and coordinating with other assistants
- Answering calls and acting as gatekeeper
- Acting as back-up support for other senior professionals
- Booking conference rooms for internal and external meetings; meeting and greeting guests, registering in visitor's system
- Completing detailed expense and out of pocket reports including tracking receipts and project codes
- Coordinating travel arrangements including flights, visas, cars, hotels, and other reservations
- Work in Salesforce to maintain log of materials for all meetings for your professionals on the PE IRBD team
- Maintaining and organizing files
- Tracking and processing invoices; ensure invoices go through outlined internal approval procedures
- Entering and maintaining contacts in Outlook
- Working on various ad-hoc projects
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who work well in a team-driven working group, are highly motivated, intelligent, have sound judgment and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors.
The successful candidate must have:
- Undergraduate degree
- 5+ years of related experience
- Superior professional communication skills
- Thrives in a high pressure environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize completing tasks and meeting deadlines
- Perform duties with the highest level of confidentiality and integrity
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Team player - energetic, enthusiastic and personable
- Experience with coordinating travel arrangements
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (including PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel)
- Familiarity with Concur and Salesforce is highly desirable
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other protected category.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered " prefer not to say "). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit
at the bottom of this form.