Morgan Stanley Investment Management ("MSIM"), together with its investment advisory affiliates, has more than 1,100 investment professionals around the world and $1.6 trillion in assets under management or supervision as of December 31, 2021. Morgan Stanley Investment Management strives to provide strong long-term investment performance, outstanding service and a comprehensive suite of investment management solutions to a diverse client base, which includes governments, institutions, corporations and individuals worldwide.
The Morgan Stanley Private Credit Platform ("MSPC") is the primary private credit platform at Morgan Stanley. MSPC sits within MSIM and has a proven long-term track record of investing in private credit. We primarily invests in directly originated middle market loans and invests throughout the capital structure across a wide range of industry sectors. Our investment teams bring significant expertise in structuring complex financial transactions and commitment to partnership with world class management teams. MSPC has over $11 billion of investable capital dedicated to private credit across two strategies and 30+ investment professionals with offices in NY, CHI, and LA.
The two dedicated private credit strategies are:
- Direct Lending - with approximately $8.6b of investable capital. Strategy is executed through business development companies, commingled funds and SMAs
- Opportunistic Credit - with approximately $2.6b of investable capital. Strategy is executed through commingled private funds
Individual will be part of a 3-person operations team located in NY and will interact with team members finance and investment professionals. The individual will have responsibilities for a broad range of activities pertaining to the operations of the funds including, but not limited to:
- Coordinate closing activities with deal teams, Fund Administrators, sponsors and loan agents
- Coordinate closing with deal team and sponsor
- Coordinate KYC
- Coordinate secondary trade settlement through Clear Par
- Coordinate funding with Fund Administrators
- Coordinate expense reimbursement
- Ensure receipt of closing documents and securities, if applicable
- Review (daily) cash positions and reconciliation prepared by Fund Administrators
- Monitor cash receipts for interest and principal repayments
- Review of daily cash and position reconciliations prepared by Fund Administrators
- Resolve all reconciling items and provide guidance as to how cash payments should be applied
- Coordinate invoice payments
- Maintain credit facility trackers of interest expenses and unused fees
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education required
- 2-4 years of relevant operations experience in private credit/direct lending
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to interact directly with investment professionals
- Strong computer skills, especially Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely organized and ability to multi-task
- Must be meticulous, detail-focused and consistently accurate
- Ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks and work in a fast paced environment
- COVID vaccinations required, subject to applicable local, state and federal law
Morgan Stanley and its affiliated companies are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, or because of any other criteria prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Accordingly, applicants will be referred to Morgan Stanley solely on the basis of individual merit and achievement. Morgan Stanley takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and that employees are treated during employment without regard to their age, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other prohibited criterion.
This role requires that all successful applicants be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccinations within 3 days of commencement of employment.