Morgan Stanley Investment Management ("MSIM"), together with its investment advisory affiliates, has more than 1,100 investment professionals around the world and $1.6 trillion in assets under management or supervision as of December 31, 2021. Morgan Stanley Investment Management strives to provide strong long-term investment performance, outstanding service and a comprehensive suite of investment management solutions to a diverse client base, which includes governments, institutions, corporations and individuals worldwide.
The Morgan Stanley Private Credit Platform ("MSPC") is the primary private credit platform at Morgan Stanley. MSPC sits within MSIM and has a proven long-term track record of investing in private credit. We primarily invest in directly originated middle market loans and invest throughout the capital structure across a wide range of industry sectors. Our investment teams bring significant expertise in structuring complex financial transactions and commitment to partnership with world class management teams. MSPC has over $11 billion of investable capital dedicated to private credit across two strategies and 30+ investment professionals with offices in NY, CHI, and LA. Role Description:
MSPC is looking for an associate to support the fund operations team in an investor reporting capacity with standard and ad-hoc reporting and fundraising efforts. Candidate will also collaborate on an ongoing basis with MSPC external Fund Administrator, as well as Finance, Legal and Compliance, and Investor Services teams. Role Responsibilities:
- Preparation of quarterly investor reports for Opportunistic Credit and Senior Loan Fund strategies
- Preparation of bespoke fund performance analyses for separate managed accounts and key institutional clients
- Assistance with preparation of Annual Limited Partner Meeting materials, Limited Partner Advisory Committee meeting materials and other board meetings
- Assist with Side Letter Compliance
- Assist with preparation of materials in connection with fund raising, including PPM, pitchbooks, and LP diligence materials
- Assist with special projects
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a quantitative discipline; strong academic background
- 5+ years of related experience, ideally in Private Credit
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to work in a fast- paced environment, handle multiple projects
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint
- Highly motivated and intelligent with the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong work ethic
- Personal and professional integrity
- COVID vaccinations required, subject to applicable local, state and federal law
Morgan Stanley and its affiliated companies are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, or because of any other criteria prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Accordingly, applicants will be referred to Morgan Stanley solely on the basis of individual merit and achievement. Morgan Stanley takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and that employees are treated during employment without regard to their age, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other prohibited criterion.
This role requires that all successful applicants be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccinations within 3 days of commencement of employment.