Private Banking Associate
For more than two centuries, BNY Mellon Wealth Management has provided services to financially successful individuals and families, their family offices and business enterprises, planned giving programs, and endowments and foundations. It has $286 billion in total client assets, as of December 31, 2020, and an extensive network of offices in the U.S. and internationally. BNY Mellon Wealth Management, which delivers leading wealth advice across investments, banking, custody and wealth and estate planning, conducts business through various operating subsidiaries of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation.
The Private Banking Associate is responsible for the servicing of the deposit and loan portfolio of Private Banking clients of Wealth Management.
- Provide premiere customer service via phone, fax and e-mail across all the Tri-State region.
- Support the timely response to and resolution of client inquiries regarding deposit and loan services.
- Responsible for various functions, including but not limited to: Peer training, compliance with audit procedures, cash management servicing, completion of internal and wire transfers and loan draw-downs for clients.
- Responsible for the opening and servicing of new loan & deposit accounts in a centralized environment for the Private Banking clients of Wealth Management.
- Build and maintain relationships with both internal and external clients in order to best satisfy client requests and research and resolve potential issues.
- An understanding of banking products and services and delivery channels is required.
- Address a variety of client-initiated concerns/questions on a daily basis.
- Determine solutions to problems and respond to the client with quick turnaround.
- The incumbent will be a direct point of contact for the client and internal business lines. She/he will meet assigned timelines for completing client request and resolution of problems.
- With successful interaction with and guidance from the Tri State Region Head of Private Banking, the Senior Client Service Representative will be able to positively influence relationships with the clients.
- Interact with internal and external clients both verbally and through written communication. She/he must demonstrate sensitivity to the client's concerns and project a professional image when dealing with the client.
- Possess the ability to successfully interact with professionals at all levels (both internally and externally) in order to provide responses to inquiries received and to ensure that the business unit accurately interprets and complies with instructions provided.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- The qualified candidate should have 5+ years of client service experience with banking products
- Excellent communication, analytical, interpersonal and leadership skills highly preferred
- Proven track record in the client servicing industry.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Wealth Management Organization:
WM US Markets-HR14164 Requisition Number: