Principal Systems Engineer/Programmer - Cyber Resiliency
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG)
is the central infrastructure services groupwith a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customershave most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financialservices market place. BNY Mellon App Engine technology is leading edge withindustry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprisestandards for developers. TSG
is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service usingthe latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deploymentsin BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green fieldcloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
BNYMellon has a holistic, enterprise-wide approach to managing resiliency, whichwe define as inclusive of operational and technical resiliency, disasterrecovery, and business continuity, among others. Within these elements, we have acomprehensive, mature cyber security program that enhances our ability to identify,detect, and protect the Bank from cyber-related threats. Cyber resiliency refers to the ability of afirm to continue business operations even though there could by a cyberimpacting event.
You will be involved into automatingprovisioning of a shared infrastructure whether it's a database, applications,or services, working on the cutting edge ofinnovation, helping to create new and enhanced cyber defense, detection andrecovery capabilities. Key responsibilities include
- Design and implementcyber resiliency platformthat will allow to minimize risks/recover critical business applications in an event of a destructive Cyber-attack.
- Partner withinfrastructure in implementing automation code for provisioning and operatinginfrastructure at a massive scale.
- Work closely with application teams onimproving resilience of their applications.
Principal Systems Engineer/Programmer->>Serves as subject matter expert in leading the design and development of themost complex application problems, system administration issues, or networkconcerns. Performs systems management and integration functions. Conducts andleads complex analysis to correct systems, applications, software, and hardwarethat are not compliant with Corporate policy/procedures. Works closely withexternal vendors on large and multifaceted infrastructure engineering projects.Works closely with Application Development and Quality Assurance and Testingteams to understand infrastructure needs during the development and testingprocesses. Applies IT expertise in strategizing how to best developinfrastructure that will allow development and testing processes to be secureand efficient. Provides expert input and recommends processes in developingproject plans. Monitors project progress and provides regular status reports tomanagement team. Evaluates the effectiveness of the organization's existinginfrastructure technology. Is an expert on current industry trends and emergingtechnologies. Analyzes trends to recommend and implement upgrades that enhancethe reliability and efficiency of the IT infrastructure. Contributes to theachievement of Infrastructure Engineering objectives. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or arelated discipline, or equivalent work experience is required, advanced degreeis preferred.
- Ten to twelve (10-12) years of related experienceis required.
- Experience in the securities or financialservices industry is a plus.
- Strongdevelopment skills in one ormore of the following: Python, Java, Go, C++.
- Fullstack development experience with building fault tolerant and scalable systems.
- Experiencewith DevOps/Configuration Management. Experience with Ansible is a bigplus.
- Familiarity withagile development methodology.
- Strongcommunication skills.
- Abilityto work autonomously and deliver on tasks and project assignments.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Experience with one or more of thefollowing as Networking, Compute (VMWare ESXi), storage is a big plus.
- Experience with recovery solutions invirtualized environments.
- Experience creating disaster recovery,business continuity, incident response plans, cyber incident response/recovery,or business continuity (BC) program activities.
- Experience with security riskassessments, endpoint detection and response, threat simulation, vulnerabilityassessment, pretesting, cyber specific threat and data analytics, cloudsecurity, digital forensics, breach/incident response, and data securityprinciples and practices.
- Experience with a public cloud.
- Experience withcontainer-based orchestration platforms.
- Experience with databases: Oracle, SQLServer, Postgres, etc.
- Experience with: Splunk, Kafka,Elastic Search, Hadoop, Spark, etc.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Technology Services Group-HR06725 Requisition Number: