Principal Systems Eng./Prgmmer- Cloud Engineer
Principal Cloud Engineer Location: MA, NY, NJ or PA Technology Architecture and Data
is the enterprise wide architecture and data services group at BNY Mellon. Our mission is to develop and articulate the holistic target state enterprise architecture and partner with various business lines and shared services to execute on a prioritized roadmap. These efforts ensure the optimal use of existing technology capabilities and the development of new ones to increase business revenue and lower costs while reducing risk, increasing resiliency, and enabling more effective service delivery. The team also formulates and executes on our data strategy to reduce complexity and eliminate redundancies in our data.
We are creating a new initiative within Data and Architecture focused on building all cloud capabilities. Our cloud currently consists of 6 engineers geographically distributed and we are looking to add 6 more (Principal and Architect level) to round out the team.
- Working on large IAAS (Infrastructure as code) projects.
- Cloud environment mainly uses MS Azure with some Google cloud so you should have experience with one or both of these providers.
- Should have experience pushing applications to production
- Financial Services experience is a major plus, but must have experience working in a regulatory/compliance environment
• Principal Systems Engineer/Programmer->> Serves as subject matter expert in leading the design and development of the most complex application problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Performs systems management and integration functions. Conducts and leads complex analysis to correct systems, applications, software, and hardware that are not compliant with Corporate policy/procedures. Works closely with external vendors on large and multifaceted infrastructure engineering projects. Works closely with Application Development and Quality Assurance and Testing teams to understand infrastructure needs during the development and testing processes. Applies IT expertise in strategizing how to best develop infrastructure that will allow development and testing processes to be secure and efficient. Provides expert input and recommends processes in developing project plans. Monitors project progress and provides regular status reports to management team. Evaluates the effectiveness of the organization's existing infrastructure technology. Is an expert on current industry trends and emerging technologies. Analyzes trends to recommend and implement upgrades that enhance the reliability and efficiency of the IT infrastructure. Contributes to the achievement of Infrastructure Engineering objectives.
Planning, designing and developing cloud-based applications.
Managing cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines.
Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required.
Employing exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they snowball into problems.
Using your extensive knowledge of Java
Develop best practices for larger Cloud Engineer team.
Building and designing web services in the cloud.
Stay current with industry trends, making recommendations as needed to help the company excel
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred 10-12 years of related experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Five years' experience in developing software using languages such as Java or C#
Three to five years' experience in a Cloud Engineer role or related position.
- Extensive experience with open-source technology, software development and system engineering.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace.
- Interest in Cloud Engineering and its impact on greater business practices.
- Skilled at working in tandem with a team of engineers, or alone as required
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Architecture And Data-HR16450 Requisition Number: