Principal, Solution Architect
Technology Architecture and Data is the enterprise wide architecture and data services group at BNY Mellon. Our mission is to develop and articulate the holistic target state enterprise architecture and partner with various business lines and shared services to execute on a prioritized roadmap. These efforts ensure the optimal use of existing technology capabilities and the development of new ones to increase business revenue and lower costs while reducing risk, increasing resiliency, and enabling more effective service delivery. The team also formulates and executes on our data strategy to reduce complexity and eliminate redundancies in our data.
Responsible for the delivery of high-quality architectural solutions, while ensuring compliance with company policies. Strategizes and contributes to enterprise level technological initiatives on architectures, patterns and standards. In addition to the individual contributor primary responsibilities shown below, may also have managerial responsivities, such as: recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Defines and implements architecture and design in accordance with architecture principles. Adheres to established architecture methodologies and standards and ensures compliance with company policy.
- Identifies organization-wide initiatives and makes recommendations for the use of technology. Works closely with senior management to educate and to articulate resource requirements necessary to promote architecture goals.
- Works toward architecture and design solutions. Performs enterprise planning and designing solutions for emerging business and complex technology environments. Identifies and recommends ways to drive more value out of the company's technology assets.
- Designs stable and flexible high-performance solutions, maximizing reuse and avoiding redundancy. Works with other stakeholders in optimizing architecture solutions.
- Oversees architecture activities of the organization to assure the strategic goals of the organization are met, including coordinating all required procedures, technical artifacts and approvals.
- Contributes to the achievement of multiple teams' objectives.
MODIFIED BASED UPON LOCAL REGULATIONS/REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required. Advanced degree preferred.
- 10-12 years of experience in technology and architecture roles required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
- Minimum of eight years' experience in app-dev or architecture roles, servicing the securities or financial services industry.
- Must be knowledgeable in performance considerations for complex, distributed environments and aware of industry benchmarks for multiple technology environments.
- Strong knowledge of Middleware, Micro-services, Web services, API's, Application development platforms, High Availability designs and technologies. Cloud technologies a plus.
- Self-starter with ability to learn and adopt quickly to dynamic and fluid situations.
- Strong synthesis and presentation skills. Ability to communicate results and recommendations to a wide variety of audiences