Principal, Relationship Management - Treasury Services
For over 230 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world's leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon has approximately $15 billion in revenues and market capitalization of approximately $50 billion.
BNY Mellon is a leader in the world of investment services and investment management, and our businesses support the full range of stakeholders of the financial system including:
- Managing the custody of over $31 trillion financial assets of the world's leading institutional investors, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and corporates
- Investing over $1.8 trillion as one of the largest global asset managers across a wide range of asset classes
- Providing collateral, liquidity, and funding for the world's largest banks through our markets franchise
- Serving family offices and high net worth individuals in our top 10 wealth manager ($250 billion assets)
- Providing a full suite of solutions to advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, hedge and '40 Act fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers (over $1.8 trillion in client assets)
- Advising large global corporations on a range of trust and other solutions
- Providing integrated managed data services to asset managers (over $4.7 trillion)
Treasury Services is a core and growing business within BNY Mellon. We help corporates and institutions optimize their working capital, ensure adequate liquidity, enhance business growth and manage risk through the offerings of leading Payments, Receivables, Trade and Liquidity & Investment solutions globally.
Treasury Services moves trillions of dollars every day across the globe and is a recognized leader in the industry shaping the future of Cash management. We work closely with clients to uncover their challenges, and our significant investments in technology and digital, commitment to innovation, and broad industry expertise allow us to provide the sophisticated solutions our clients need. At the same time, our innovation is backed by our stability, resiliency, operational efficiency, and our unsurpassed customer service.
The NorAM Bank Relationship Management and Business Development team within Treasury Services is responsible for delivering the suite of domestic and cross-border TS solutions to North American Financial institutions, which includes US and Canadian banks, as well as US subsidiaries of foreign banks. JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Principal, Relationship Management - Treasury Services role is an individual contributor within the NorAM Bank team. This role is responsible for executing the NorAM Bank strategies and developing the plans for managing and growing existing client portfolio and new client relationships, with a focus on revenue growth and client profitability. The individual who holds this role is required to identify evolving client needs and opportunities for account growth, consult with clients on their strategic vision and how the firm can help them achieve that vision, and promote firm services/product offerings that solve client challenges and achieve business growth.
Additionally, this role acts as the first line of defense who ensures client onboarding and/or risk management activities are conducted and captured (KYC, BAC, etc.) and serves as the interface for compliance, regulatory, reputational matters between clients and the Bank.
The role may be responsible for client accounts that are significantly large in size, complex and/or global, requiring significant breadth of knowledge across numerous products/services across Treasury Services, including FI Clearing, FX payments, Domestic Payables and Receivables, Digital Payments, Trade and Liquidity etc. Therefore, it is important that the role develops significant expertise on TS product knowledge, industry trends, competitor services/offerings and client business environment.
Ultimately, the Relationship manager role is the liaison between the client and the firm, and would be required to keep abreast of client account activities and serve as the ultimate escalation point for client satisfaction; recommend product/service enhancements internally to BNYM stakeholders in order to fill underserved client interests; conduct relationship review meetings and assist in client training, sharing of market information/thought leadership; and work closely with other client-facing teams, such as account management and client service teams, to ensure the relationship management strategy is executed. Qualifications
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
- 7-10 years of total work experience preferred.
- Financial Services experience with a particular client type or product (Hedge, Pension, etc.) preferred as is prior experience in Relationship Management, Client Services or Account Management.
- Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business.
- As global firm, bi-lingual capabilities are helpful as is an understanding of local/cultural nuances important for client trust.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh Internal Jobcode:
TS REL MGMT AND BUS DEV-HR07024 Requisition Number: