Principal, Relationship Management
Who we are:
For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world's leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon has approximately $16.5 billion in revenues and a 23% return on tangible common equity.
BNY Mellon is a leader in the world of investment services and investment management, and our businesses support the full range of stakeholders of the financial system including:
What we do:
- Managing the custody of approximately $37 trillion financial assets of the world's leading institutional investors, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and corporates
- Investing approximately $2 trillion as one of the largest global asset managers across a wide range of asset classes
- Providing collateral, liquidity, and funding for the world's largest banks through our markets franchise
- Serving family offices and high net worth individuals through our wealth management franchise
- Providing a full suite of solutions to advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, hedge and '40 Act fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers
- Advising large global corporations on a range of trust and other solutions
- Providing integrated managed data services to asset managers
Asset Servicing powers the investment process for clients. We turn data into insights to help clients make more informed decisions; and enable access to capital markets and liquidity solutions, driving investment outcomes. We run their operations, delivering efficiency and scale on a resilient platform; core capabilities include global custody, fund accounting, integrated middle-office solutions, and transfer agency services. Through an open, modular network, we collaborate with leading providers to integrate best-in-class solutions, offering clients choice and flexibility. Asset Servicing clients are some of the world's largest and most sophisticated asset managers and asset owners, including banks, corporations, mutual funds, sovereign wealth funds and pensions.
The Digital organization sets the direction for BNY Mellon's digital future and drives investments in our digital capabilities, including data management, analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning and robotics. In 2020, Digital was combined with Asset Servicing to accelerate the business' digital and data transformation, and to ensure it is future ready and positioned to support clients' changing priorities and needs. JOB DESCRIPTION:
The opportunity is in the Asset Owner segment of Asset Servicing's Global Client Coverage team, focused on Endowments, Foundations and Healthcare clients. The incumbent Independently develops the strategic plan for managing and growing existing client relationships, with a focus on revenue retention. Identifies opportunities to evolve client business for incremental account growth. Serves in a consultative role to the client, advising client top leadership on the best way to achieve short- and long- term strategic objectives. From a global, bank-wide perspective, assigned moderate to large emerging client accounts with high-growth potential and increased complexity of strategic needs across a region or globally. Has developed significant expertise on industry trends, competitor services/offerings and clients' business environment. As the client advocate, often serve as the ultimate escalation point for client satisfaction. Responsibilities include:
- Consult with clients on their strategic vision and how the firm can help them achieve that vision. Promote firm services/product offerings that solve client challenges and achieve account growth. Research client issues and bring to resolution. May be assigned as owner/expert of a particular process or product.
- Conduct frequent and regular check-ins with assigned clients, ensuring their continued satisfaction ensuring continued satisfaction and strategic alignment with firm services/product offerings. Continually evaluate client needs and ensure sustained client engagement.
- Responsible for achievement of organic, incremental growth (revenue, asset) goals within assigned client portfolio.
- Manages overall relationship profitability of moderate to large-sized clients with increased complexity.
- Develop, track and report on relationship strategy/results for assigned client portfolio. Contribute to the development of team/unit metrics, dashboards and roadmaps.
- Work closely with business development teams to ensure relationship management strategy is executed by account management and client service teams. Keep abreast of client account activity occurring throughout the firm and often serve as the ultimate escalation point for client satisfaction. May assist with prospecting new clients in a similar industry or segment of existing clients. Conduct service review meetings and assist in client training, sharing of market information/experience. Contribute to the development of overall RM strategies for the unit.
- May work with other Relationship Managers and/or marshal firm-wide resources (marketing, legal, compliance, etc.) to ensure client needs are being addressed and to proactively inform clients of industry developments or firm thought leadership. Ensures client onboarding and/or risk management activities are conducted and captured (KYC, BAC, etc.) In some regional/local markets may manage relationships with regulators directly.
- Attend industry events and conferences to remain visible in the market and remain current on industry trends and competitor services/offerings.
- No direct reports; provide guidance to less experienced Relationship Managers as needed.
- Intuitive to customers' needs
- Proven experience as a Client Relationship Manager
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships
- A background in customer service or sales
- Must understand customer relationship management (CRM)
- Strategic thinker and ability to analyze and solve problems quickly
- Attentive to detail and organized
- Must be self-motivated, flexible and able to manage several jobs at one time
- The ability to explain complex information clearly and simply
- Good sales and negotiation skills
- An interest in financial products and markets
- The ability to analyze and research information
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
- 7-10 years of total work experience preferred.
- Financial Services experience with a particular client type or product (Hedge, Pension, etc.) preferred as is prior experience in Relationship Management, Client Services or Account Management.
- Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business.
- As global firm, bi-lingual capabilities are helpful as is an understanding of local/cultural nuances important for client trust.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh Internal Jobcode:
Asset Servicing Organization:
Asset Servicing Admin Groups-HR08979 Requisition Number: