Principal, Project/Program Manager
BNY Mellon Treasury Services is comprised of best-in-class services supporting most top tier global banks and institutions. Treasury Services organization has embarked on a journey to re-engineer our platforms to stay ahead of our clients' demands.
At BNY, the technology group works in partnership with the business and other technology groups to continue to enhance our offerings and improve the client experience. BNY's significant investment in technology results in new and forward thinking solutions that are scalable and resilient.
We are looking for exceptional individuals with a self-starter and can-do attitude. Job Description:
- Lead major projects/programs within Treasury Services Technology and manage the budget, business plans, risk, implementation of policies, standards, methodologies, and/or strategic management projects.
- Experience in delivering technology solutions for immediate, tokenized, domestic and cross currency payments processing.
- Strong experience in information technology program and project management as well as development life cycle process for successful delivery of large and multi-year initiatives.
- Experience in working with cross functional and globally scattered teams.
- Experience in creating and communicating tailored project/program status artifacts for varied stakeholders such as execution team, steering committees and executive management.
- Manage and lead Stakeholder discussions and manage business priorities
- Lead strategic and far-reaching initiatives within the organization contributing to the achievement of key area objectives.
- Work closely with Senior IT Management, Product and Business teams to understand their needs and provide appropriate guidance, direction, and communication.
- Act as catalyst in resolving impediments, issues, risk and manage same through the delivery life cycle.
- Work with the technology management team to implement and enforce policies, standards, and methodologies.
- Provide oversight and input to resources and their project allocation.
Leads and provides direction and guidance for a wide array of activities associated with project planning and management to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and to client specifications. Manages and oversees the end to end project management activities such as project reporting, project planning, issue / risk identification and tracking, scope management, estimation, client management, relationship management and other project documentation preparation for projects of high business complexity (involving multiple systems interfaces that are highly visible to the organization). Defines and manages the lifecycle from project initiation through to program closure. Manages and resolves risks, issues and dependencies. Measures and monitors program actuals, forecasts and budgets and updates plans with accurate, up-to-date information in a timely manner. Follows financial standards & processes (e.g. monthly external revenue accruals, software capitalization, procurement & external payments). Reports financial information and status to the required executive level through steering committees. Secures, leads, motivates and inspires the internal & external resources required to deliver the program. Establishes the program s governance (e.g. sponsors, approvers, stakeholders). Manages Program Office Resources. May have formal management responsibility for Program Team members. Serves as a liaison between clients and internal technical groups to ensure delivery of projects on time, within budget, and to specification. Has regular contact among peers within the firm and externally, including regulators and professional organizations. Provides advice to internal clients on the implications of business trends, issues, operating environment changes and firm or business unit strategy. Ensures project delivery is in conformance with company methodologies and standards. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives Qualifications
- Strong background in PMO field needed and experience in program governance and reporting.
- Technical background strongly preferred
- Familiarity with The Clearing House, SWIFT, CHIPS, CHAPS, T2, SEPA, Cross border payments is critical.
Bachelor's degree, preferably in business management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is beneficial 10 - 12 years of related project management experience required, experience with technology or financial services industry is a plus. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624 Requisition Number: