Principal, Production Services Application Support (2nd shift, 3pm - 11pm)
Our Team BNY Mellon Asset Servicing
provides global solutions tailored to meet our clients' unique needs to help enhance the management, administration and oversight of their entire investment process and deliver the tools they need to expand their ability to process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world. Asset Servicing Technology Production Services
is dedicated to ensuring that our technology environments are best in class. Our Production Services teams runs the systems that keep BNY Mellon running. Our mission is to deliver a full IT service management lifecycle across all run-the-bank applications and infrastructure support with the purpose of providing a controlled, secure, and predictable production environment.
Our team members use their technical skills and business knowledge to bring forth solutions that will take our company into the future. If you are a collaborative continual learner with a global mindset and a desire to contribute to our company's top priorities, this is the place for you. The Role
We are seeking an Production Application Support Analyst
for Level 2 support for our Exchange Traded Funds Services/Applications. Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing overall availability, reliability, and defect prevention.
- Respond to, diagnose, and resolve service disruptions
- Identify, define, and implement required monitoring and automation solutions
- Work closely with developers on continuous integration / continuous delivery solutions
- Conduct root cause analysis for complex production issues
- Reviews and evaluates project plans and objectives to ensure they meet system needs.
- Monitors changes to applications and their operating environment
- Create and maintain support documentation and procedures
- Ability to deal with time sensitive issues in support of critical service level commitments
- Contributes to the achievement of area objectives
- Should be willing to work in shifts
Maintains and supports highly complex applications and their operating environments. Performs complex troubleshooting as a subject matter expert for a portfolio of applications. Works to ensure appropriate monitoring and alerting setup. Leads root cause analysis and problem management for complex problems potentially spanning multiple applications, to address underlying technical issues. Collaborates with business and application development stakeholders Collaborates with business, application development and infrastructure stakeholders. Lead production readiness reviews and PTO controls for new releases and projects. Analyzes system requirements. Reviews and evaluates plans for major projects and initiatives to ensure they meet system needs. Coordinates the monitoring of major changes to applications and their operating environment. Analyzes the most complex issues that arise. Collaborates with development, quality assurance, operations, support and infrastructure teams to manage application capacity and application monitoring & instrumentatio. nCreation of architectural diagrams and design specifications to aid automation. Designs, implements, and maintains automation toolsets for configuration management, infrastructure and application deployment processes. Complex Incident, Problem Management & Troubleshooting. May mentor or provide guidance for junior team members. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives MODIFIED BASED UPON LOCAL REGULATIONS/REQUIREMENTS Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree is beneficial 10-12 years of diverse experience in multiple areas of information technology required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree is beneficial 10-12 years of diverse experience in multiple areas of information technology required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Have knowledge and/or prior experience supporting Middle office Trade processing and their trade flow
- Reconcile and validate trade capture and day trading activity in timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinate with front office and other support teams, locally and globally, to address trade related enquiries and issues
- Analytic and data driven experience in supporting applications part of the Trade Lifecycle
- Experience in deployment and strong debugging skills in Docker
- Linux system administration experience
- Experience with IBM MQ/ messaging and Rabbit MQ middleware queues.
- Experience with Ruby and Java framework applications
- Experience with postgress databases and writing complex SQL queries.
- Experience with monitoring tools a plus - Splunk, AppDynamics, Prometheus, Grafana, Moogsoft or related solutions
- Familiarity with ITIL Service Management.
- Troubleshoot and escalate alerts that cannot be resolved to appropriate section
- Prioritize and handle service requests, incidents, change management and problem tickets
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302} Requisition Number: