Principal, Information Security - Insider Risk - Policy, Training/Awareness and Assessments
Who We Are:
As a global investments company, BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments, and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. Every day, our Technology employees make this happen while also seeking out new ways to do it more efficiently and effectively.
As part of BNY Mellon's global Technology organization, you'll have the opportunity to engage with some of the best and brightest, technology, business, and financial minds to find new and better ways to exceed our clients' expectations and build the future of financial services. With more than 230 years of industry leading experience under our belts, you might even say that we are the original fintech.
At BNY Mellon, cybersecurity is a top priority for both technology and the business. The members of the Information Security Division are on constant alert, using their creativity and knowledge of cybersecurity, technology and business processes to develop and deliver creative solutions. In this fast-paced environment, staff collaborate to respond to current risks, while identifying and anticipating future threats. Our cyber capabilities encompass the full spectrum of services from Cyber Operations (SOC, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Vulnerability Management, Cyber Incident Response, Penetration Testing & Red Teaming, Cyber Analytics & Fraud, and Insider threat) to Cyber Architecture and Engineering (Network, Platform, Cloud, and Applications Security). Together with the CISO and his leadership team, staff provide a robust set of cyber services that provide full scope protection and response capabilities across the BNY Mellon enterprise. We help our businesses, the bank's executive team, and our board of directors understand cybersecurity risk and the steps that must be taken to create and maintain a secure environment that drives innovation. Position overview
: As a senior member of the Insider Threat team, you will be responsible for internal communication within the firm through training & awareness, policy enhancements and risk assessments. For training & awareness, this role will develop insider risk content and work with key stakeholders to review, update, design and deliver training. Responsibilities also include identifying awareness opportunities to incorporate targeted insider risk knowledge into new or existing channels on a frequent basis by working with stakeholders across the firm. You will be responsible for reviewing new and existing policies for alignment to insider risk controls and working with relevant owners to incorporate changes as required. The position will place you in the role of reviewing risk detections and potentially acting as a liaison between the Insider team and other relevant stakeholders as required. This role also includes managing continuous assessments of insider risk mitigation.
This is a challenging and rewarding position that provides an opportunity to communicate insider risks to the firm and integrate a control mindset into the culture. While insider risk or insider threat background is preferred, this role will be supported by insider risk SMEs within the team. For all components of this role, strong relationship building and collaboration along with training and policy experience is required to be successful. What You'll Be Doing:
Who We're Looking For:
- Develop comprehensive training content for stakeholders, employees and contractors on insider risk behaviors using electronic/web-based, and/or multimedia training methods and formats.
- Partner with key stakeholders across the firm to design, productionize, distribute and track training.
- Create an awareness strategy for delivering periodic targeted insider risk collateral and communications to the firm, using multiple different formats (e.g., announcements, emails, internal blogs and tother distribution channels to reach the widest audience to keep the message relevant to growing risks.
- Evaluate effectiveness of training and awareness programs, utilizing appropriate data collection instruments and procedures and adjust as necessary to maximize impact.
- Research and study advancements in educational technologies and methods.
- Recommend and implement innovative solutions, modifications and enhancements to existing information security training and awareness programs and forums to educate on insider risk.
- Evaluate vendor offerings, provide training requirements to vendors, and oversee vendor content development.
- Provide management briefings on progress across training & awareness, policy enhancements and risk assessments, including status reporting via metrics.
- Identify relevant policies and review the appropriateness of insider risk controls and work with key stakeholders to recommend and drive policy changes as needed.
- Become incorporated into the Information Security policy creation workflow to provide feedback on insider risk controls in new policies.
- Facilitate continuous insider risk effectiveness assessments by working with internal and external assessors
- Consults on a senior level and provides professional support for major components of the company's information security infrastructure. Contributes to the development and implementation of security architecture, standards, procedures and guidelines for multiple platforms in diverse system environments. Consults with the business and operational infrastructure personnel regarding new and existing technologies. Recommends new security tools to management and reports and provides guidance and expertise in their implementation. Reviews and analyzes highly complex data and information to provide insights, conclusions and actionable recommendations. Defines, implements, and applies area-wide security and/or COB policies and standards by leveraging in-depth knowledge of globally accepted information security and/or COB principles. Addresses high risk security concerns or incidents. Recommends course of action to mitigate risk and ensures that appropriate standards are established and published. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred
- 10-12 years of experience in information security or related technology experience required
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
- Information security or risk management experience required, insider risk experience a plus.
- Experience in training/education/communications and policy review
- Demonstrated ability to work with technical subject matter experts and translate that information seamlessly to non-technical employees and stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent presentation and communication skills and the ability to effectively collaborate with technical and senior business staff and management.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to thrive in a team environment.