Principal Full Stack Developer Lead - Blockchain
Principal Full Stack Developer Lead - Blockchain Department/Team overview
A multi-disciplinary technology team providing Blockchain, Distributed Ledger, smart contract technology and supporting technology development and deployment for BNYM business units and boutiques. The team currently operates out of United States, Poland and Ireland and works with multiple business and technology divisions within BNYM globally. Your role
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Principal Full Stack Developer Lead - Blockchain
to join our team. As a Blockchain Full Stack Developer Lead you will: build blockchain enterprise technologies; write crypto algorithms and protocol specifications; design, develop and implement blockchain interfaces for various wallet, blockchain and distributed ledger technologies; Craft and maintain interfaces for API and Storage.
As a successful candidate you will be given opportunity to acquire and develop knowledge from related fields:
- Working on emerging technology of blockchain and distributed ledger
- Participate on design decision and strong impact on the product
- Work with a global financial institution actively rolling out blockchain-based solutions
- Extend skills to multiple smart contract languages and protocol
- Provides application software development services and or technical support in complex enterprise environments including Programming well-designed, testable, efficient code.
- Analyze, design and develop tests and test-automation suites. Actively participate in code reviews.
- Maintain software functionality and currency (technical debt and gain).
- Strong proficiency of security principles, relational databases and architecture design principles.
- Solid understanding of Cryptography and Encryption
- Must also have proficiency in application frameworks and containerization. Previous experience of container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes a plus
- Experience analyzing data structures and algorithms and issues related to scale, security and availability. Such experience for blockchain and Distributed ledger solutions is a plus
- Strong experience designing and developing Distributed Systems, and Microservices
- Familiarity with using Git or other version control software for source code management
- Experience in designing and developing Blockchain, DLT solutions is a plus
Consults with internal business groups to provide high-level application software development services or technical support. Must have thorough and demonstrative knowledge on or both the user-side frontend of a website, as well as the backend, server-side that powers the user-side. Additional requirements include intermediate understanding of security principles, relational databases and architecture design principles. Provides comprehensive senior-level technical consulting to IT management and senior technical staffs. Evaluates compliance with the organization's technology standards. Programming well-designed, testable, efficient code. Analyze, design and develop tests and test-automation suites. Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to satisfy requirements and solutions. Apply security and privacy principles. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Guides and consults with IT management and technical staffs regarding use of emerging technologies and associated services. Participates in defining corporate implementation and integration strategies of new technologies. Active learning engagement. Complete all required mandatory training / policy awareness curricula on time. Use learning tools such as Pluralsight to complete both recommended and aspirational targets set in personal development plans. Stays abreast of emerging technologies. Advocates for innovative, creative technology solutions.. Must also have proficiency in application frameworks and containerization. Communications and organization skills; team work skills ; possess strong interpersonal skills to support mentoring Contributes to the achievement of area objectives Qualifications
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Good problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to accomplish goals through others, including employees, peers, and other function/business areas of the company
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
- Work experience required 10-14 years of experience in software development required;
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. Experience in the securities, financial services, or asset management industry is a plus
- Job holder must have understanding interdependencies and business impact of future IT plans. S/he must have prior lead experience selecting and implementing vendor-specific methodologies and prior consulting experience with structured methodologies. Extensive experience with developing and supporting mainframe applications required. Job holder must have broad experience with multi-platform development tools and toolkits.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302 Requisition Number: