Principal, Full-Stack Developer
Clearing, Markets & Issuer Services Technology (CMIST)
is responsible for application development and support for critical business systems including Repo Edge (collateral management), Enterprise Payment Hub (multi-currency payment processing), and Broker Dealer Clearance (securities clearing), along with approximately 350 other applications used by the following high-priority business services and their clients. Clearance and Collateral Technology (CCT)
within CMIST builds clearance and collateral management platforms to service BNY Mellon's broker-dealer clients and is the sole provider for Government Securities Clearing Services. Considering the core nature of the business and the dominant market share, high-performance and resiliency are key pillars of the technology architecture. The group is transforming itself into a data-centric organization and we are seeking strong technologists who can adapt to a dynamic and fast-paced work environment. If you thrive on solving problems, thinking critically and creating change, we want you to be a part of our team!
Join us in our journey and we'll together build the financial services industry's next-generation data services platform.
As a member of the team, you will be responsible for building and enhancing Angular / UI and Java applications that present critical data services for our businesses. You will be expected to design application modules, build test suites, analyze business requirements and propose innovative technology solutions.
- The candidate will interface with other technical teams, product and settlement operations.
- As a member of the team should be proactively engaged with business stake holders and as needed suggest changes to business process workflow to increase efficiencies and reduce costs
- The candidate should display passion and show interest in financial clearance & collateral management systems.
- The candidate should be open for ideas and ready to receive feedback and at the same time come up with innovative proposals to solve business problems
- The candidate should be able to work in a high performing & high demand environment
- Provide superior software development services in a fast-paced and innovative working environment.
- Work with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements.
- Analyze information and provide recommendations to address and resolve business and technical issues. Actively participate in team discussions, provide guidance and expert opinion on the subject matter.
- Coordinate coding, unit testing, implementation and documentation of solution.
- Ensure that expected application performance levels are achieved.
- Comply with BNY Mellon's standard development methodology
- May allocate/ coordinate work within a team/project.
Preferred skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
- 10-14 years of experience in software development required - proficiency in Java and Front-End UI Technologies
- Strong experience with AngularJS and Angular (recent versions highly preferred)
- Experience in Spring Framework, Hibernate and proficiency with Spring Boot
- Extensive hands-on knowledge of XML, XSD, XSLT and JSON
- Solid coding and troubleshooting experience on Web Services and RESTful API
- Strong Oracle based SQL skills
- Familiar with SDLC, DevOps processes - CI/CD tools, Git, etc.
- Good Understanding of Messaging frameworks like ActiveMQ, IBM MQ
- Good understanding of monitoring tools such as AppDynamics, Splunk
- Knowledge of Scrum and XP methodologies and ability to work in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to learn and pick up new skills and to perform with minimal management supervision
- Strong Communication Skills
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Knowledge in data warehousing / data lakes / pipelines is a big plus.
- Knowledge in cloud technologies will be a strong advantage.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624 Requisition Number: