Principal Developer – Real Estate/AIS
As a global investmentscompany, BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage,service, distribute or restructure investments, and safeguards nearly one-fifthof the world's financial assets. Every day, our Technology employees make thishappen while also seeking out new ways to do it more efficiently andeffectively.
Aspart of BNY Mellon's global Technology organization, you'll have theopportunity to engage with some of the best and brightest, technology, business,and financial minds to find new and better ways to exceed our clients'expectations and build the future of financial services. With more than 230years of industry leading experience under our belts, you might even say thatwe are the original fintech.
Principal Developer - Real Estate/AIS
- Real Estate business domain and hands on related technology experience is essential
- Strong design and delivery experience with proficiency in reporting, interface development, data integration, API's and ETL's
- Working with technology partners to drive development and execution of tailored technology solutions
- Have experience of developing world class, innovative technology solutions for clients that deliver competitive advantage and business benefits including Data/APIs
- Be responsible for delivery of Quality solutions - with strong focus on sustainability, stability and scalability
- Work in a data driven technology environment consisting of technology interfaces, custom apps and vendor applications
- Responsible for key client related technology deliverables
- Strong software development & systems integration background requirement
- Strong technical project management skillset. Ability to drive large complex projects
Writes custom scripts, interfaces, andreports. Data integration between various systems
- Collaborates with business leaders and help to resolve issues and improve processes
- Experience of working with teams globally - across multiple geographies
- Solid architecture principals combined with creative solutioning to meet business needs
- Multi-location, multi team complex initiative delivery experience
Consults with internal business groups to provide high-levelapplication software development services or technical support. Providescomprehensive senior-level technical consulting to IT management and senior technicalstaffs. Evaluates compliance with the organization's technology standards.Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities,challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information andprovides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specificbusiness group. Guides and consults with IT management and technical staffsregarding use of emerging technologies and associated services. Participates indefining corporate implementation and integration strategies of newtechnologies. Advocates for innovative, creative technology solutions.Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 10-12 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Strong technical background within an n-tier global application environment
- Experience interacting with different database management systems. We primarily use SQL Server; Oracle is part of our environment as well. Hands on experience working with SQL Server, SQL queries, stored procedures
- Experience with Java Script, Java, Webservices and API's
- Experience with reporting technologies, PowerBI or any other Business Intelligence tools
- Experience with Alternative Investment Services/Real Estate investments is a strong plus. Experience with Yardi (Voyager 7S) is a plus
- Prior experience in running large scale projects to completion
Experience with Excel specifically with writing Macros, Power Queries is preferred
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Experience with facing-off to clients
- Meticulous planner with a solid attention to detail. Manage through complexity and dependency
- Strong financial, analytic and interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-driven, acts with an extreme sense of urgency and passionate about delivering
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills
- Ability to work across all levels of the organization
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Operations & Shared Technology-HR13644 Requisition Number: