Principal, Cross Functional Relationship Management/Business Development
Cross-Functional Relationship Management and Business Development.
- Independently manages a portfolio of existing clients or prospects, focusing on client satisfaction, relationship building and responsible business growth that is compliant, of acceptable risk and profitable.
- Serves in a consultative role to clients and prospects, advising top leadership on the best way to achieve their short- and long- term strategic objectives through the firms solutions.
- Assists small to moderate emerging institutional prospects or clients with high-growth potential, increased complexity of strategic needs and a longer pursuit process.
- May also pursue advantageous strategic partnerships with third parties in order to better respond to client/prospects needs.
- May be responsible for executing trades in certain businesses.
- Performs in-depth industry research and maintains an understanding of the market environment, including short- and long-term trends, competitor offerings, regulatory developments etc. in order to achieve account growth or new accounts.
- Generates leads from within existing client accounts or as a results of industry research, prospecting.
- Incumbents are highly experienced in independently developing leads and initiating contact with prospects.
- Client/prospect contacts are usually institutional leadership.
- Assists lower level peers with complex analyses when needed.
- Consults with clients/prospects on their strategic vision and uses an in-depth understanding of the firms solutions and value proposition to help achieve that vision.
- May offer customized product offerings. Develops a negotiation strategy and position to align client/prospect needs to firm offerings.
- Closes new prospects or new client arrangements by structuring deals (pricing, contract terms, etc.) that achieve optimal terms for both the client and the firm.
- Ensures deals are compliant with all regulations. Marshals firm-wide resources (marketing, legal, compliance, etc.) to ensure the most appropriate response to prospect proposals and deal structure.
- Work closely with related teams (RMs, AMs, CSD) and other firm-wide resources (marketing, legal, compliance, etc.) to ensure all risk management/compliance activities relevant to business development, relationship management, and/or account management activities are conducted and captured.
- Tracks and reports on business development, relationship management, and/or account management results for assigned area (geographic, business/industry category, product category, etc.)
- Builds reports for use by senior leaders that identifies trends, opportunities, potential areas of concern, etc.
- No direct reports. Provides guidance to less experienced business development, relationship management, and/or account management roles as needed.
- Responsible for business development, relationship management, and/or account management within assigned area (geographic territory, product category, business/industry category/segment, etc.).
- Typically pursues emerging, moderately-sized prospects with increasingly complex needs.
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
- 7-10 years of total work experience preferred.
- Financial Services experience with a particular client type or product (Hedge, Pension, etc.) preferred as is prior experience in a related customer-facing role, Sales Support, Global Capital Markets or Product Management.
- Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business.
- A good understanding of the relevant marketplace, competitive landscape and industry drivers in the relevant region is preferred.
- As global firm, bi-lingual capabilities are helpful as is an understanding of local/cultural nuances important for client trust.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.