Principal, Credit Advisory
- Responsible for originating, negotiating, underwriting, closing and monitoring of large and complex Private Banking loans that are high risk in nature.
- Must be knowledgeable of and responsible for adherence to all BNY Mellon risk, control and compliance policies and procedures and have ability to recommend changes as needed.
- May bring specialized knowledge and experience of high risk and high revenue generating credit products.
- Responsible for all Private Banking Lending loan components including origination, structuring, underwriting, negotiating and closing for large, complex loans.
- Monitors and manages existing loan portfolios, including loan reviews and client meetings.
- Assigns risk ratings.
- Manages existing accounts and client relationships for revenue accounts of higher risk and complexity.
- Develops opportunities based on research and prospecting for new clients.
- Provides credit advise and solutions to bankers, wealth managers and clients.
- Conducts special projects at the direction of management. Works with General Counsel on loan documentation.
- Solves complex problems that directly impact revenue and/or market reputation.
- Leverages strong technical knowledge to develop custom solutions.
- Resolves complex problems escalated by more junior staff.
- Cross-sells bank products and services.
- Generates new business opportunities for the bank such as new loans and related fees.
- Effectively communicate lending strategy and risk appetite.
- No direct reports.
- Provides guidance to more junior staff.
- Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- MBA is preferred.
- 10-15 years of total work experience preferred; experience in private bank lending or commercial banking preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.