Principal, Client Service
- Independently works with large, complex external clients to resolve the most critical and complex day-to-day issues and direct them to appropriate resources at BNY Mellon.
- May resolve atypical or or highly complex issues and/or escalate to management as appropriate. May serve as subject matter experts on BNY products and services. May lead staff on specific projects and resolution of client issues.
- Leads team members across multiple lines of business in providing support to major clients, whose partnership with BNY Mellon may have a broad & significant impact on the business, in addressing and resolving the most complex operational and technical issues and ensuring requests are executed.
- Applies advanced problem solving skills, judgement, and extensive experience to analyze information.
- Uses masterful communication skills to deliver high quality service to a specialized client base.
- May contribute to the development of strategic initiatives that are designed to improve client service experience.
- Typically provides senior leadership at assigned clients information related to BNY Mellon's products and services representing a broad array of lines of business and geographies, leverages a superior understanding of broader BNY Mellon services and offerings.
- Leads senior level or key individuals at clients in reviewing potential business needs and directs them to appropriate resources at BNY Mellon.
- Resolves the most critical and complex or non-routine client issues or inquires, as needed.
- Leads resolution of issues escalated by more junior team members. Maintains relationships with business leaders to report client trends and needs.
- Uses superior knowledge of client issues and needs to lead business development efforts.
- Uses superior understanding of BNY Mellon products and services to best propose expanded offerings to clients for front office consideration.
- Provides strategic guidance on internal activities and initiatives designed to improve the client experience. Uses knowledge of client services best practices and BNY Mellon client needs to lead the team's development of process improvements.
- No direct reports, provides guidance to less experienced team members.
- May assign work to more junior team members. S
- upports multiple, and the most complex client accounts whose partnership with BNY Mellon may have a broad & significant impact on the business.
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required with an MBA preferred.
- 7-10 years of total work experience with at least 1-3 years of management experience preferred.
- Experience in an operational area and/or client services preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.