Principal Bus.Analysis Cons't
Clearing, Markets & Issuer Services Technology (CMIST)
is responsible for application development and support for more than 350 critical business systems including Repo Edge (collateral management), Enterprise Payment Hub (multi-currency payment processing), and Broker Dealer Clearance (securities clearing). Markets& Market Risk Technology (MMRT)
within CMIST provides technology management and application development for Foreign Exchange (FX), Securities Finance, Global Collateral Management, Liquidity Management, and Fixed Income & Equities businesses. This group also supports the company's market risk and counterparty credit risk platforms. Role/Responsibilities
- Document business/functional requirements, perform gap analysis, design systems flows, and manage UAT activities leading to production release.
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Analyze data and perform ad-hoc analysis.
- Participate in researching production issue and remediation.
- Understand upstream/feeder applications and data
- Develop systems specifications.
- Works or multitasks on multiple regulatory workstreams from inception through implementation.
Principal Business Analysis Consultant->> Provides technical leadership in a specific business domain within a line of business. Serves in a cross-program role to ensure quality of the deliverables within their areas of expertise and drives innovation and strategic solutions within global, mission-critical, large-scale programs. Provides expertise for a specific domain within a line of business. Directs and assists team to elicit, challenge, and prioritize requirements, translate into functional design and use case models. Manages the project scope, objectives, constraints and assumptions for a large, strategic, multi-year program. Provides guidance in development of the technical design, test plans, and user documentation. Leads implementation/conversion strategy planning and implementation. Manages scope and change throughout the initiative utilizing formal change control and requirements traceability. Gathers and analyzes information and provides recommendations to address strategic business objectives that span multiple, global business and technology areas. Participates in industry forums and keeps current on domain knowledge for their specific business and application areas of expertise. Applies experiences with existing software and/or systems development processes to define and collect metrics and develop better processes to be used in the future. Actively influences software and/or systems development process improvement initiatives. Contributes to the achievement of related area objectives. Qualifications
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Bachelor's degree in business or technical-related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred
- 10-12 years of experience in providing consulting advice to senior IT and business management required
- Extensive experience as a Business Analyst at major financial services company and strong understanding of Capital Markets and Foreign Exchange
- Strong understanding of Global Regulatory Reporting and Compliance projects such as MIFID II, Dodd Frank, EMIR, etc.
- Experience with Regulatory Reporting applications such as UnaVista, TradeWeb, CMRS from Sapient, Droit, , futureLANDSCAPE from Broadridge etc. is a plus.
- Previous technical experience, ability to write SQL queries; and basic understanding of any programming language is a strong plus.
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact with business, legal & compliance, external regulators
- Experience with Visio
- Experience working with waterfall and agile development methodologies
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624 Requisition Number: