Prin, Qual Engr
Are you looking to challenge yourself and take your leadership skills to the next level?
Do you believe that you can bring the best out of a team of exceptional engineers that is redefining the way we approach Testing and Automation?
Does the world of containers and associated technologies excite you?
Do you want to define new ways to improve product quality and reduce time to market?
Does solving complex automation challenges spanning multiple technologies bring the best out of you?
Do you want to challenge the traditional way of thinking with innovative ideas for better outcomes?
If the answer to the above questions is YES, then you are absolutely in the right place.
Principal Quality Engineer will help create scalable and extensible solutions for major Quality Engineering Challenges across the Enterprise. Will help improve the Quality & Productivity of the Engineering Community by questioning the traditional way of working and implementing innovative solutions that help solve such challenges at scale. Will adhere to best practices and also promote the same across the Engineering Community enabling consistency of Automation Tools and Practices being adopted. Will lead a team of Specialist Quality Engineers on specific Automation initiatives at the same time to deliver results that further accelerate the Transformation efforts. DB Expert - Will support QE Initiatives involving working with Databases & ETL Systems & Associated Automation Technologies. MQ Expert - Will support QE Initiatives involving working with complex Messaging Queues & Associated Automation Technologies. Performance Expert - Will support QE Initiatives involving working with performance testing of complex systems. Leads and Manages a team of exceptional Quality Engineers on Specific Initiatives. Constantly Monitors the progress, resolves blockers and reports progress to Senior QE Leadership. Mentors QE Engineers to improve their skills and improves their productivity. Constantly monitors the technology landscape to adopt and integrate new technologies into the BNY Mellon Ecosystem. Solves highly Complex Automation Challenges spanning multiple technologies in a scalable & extensible manner with least amount of maintenance in a short span of time. DB Expert - Solves highly Complex Automation challenges associated with Databases & ETL Systems. MQ Expert - Solves highly Complex Automation challenges associated with Messaging Queues. Performance Expert - Solves highly Complex Automation & Performance Testing Challenges. Continuously improves the Efficiency of the Automation using innovative technlogies & thought process. Drives multiple such initiatives. Promotes and Implements the Shift Left Approach in close collaboration with the Application Development Teams. Resolves any technical or cultural blockers in adopting this new approach. Plays a key role in training and bridging the specific skill gaps across the Quality Engineering Domain. Contributes to the achievement of Quality Engineering Domain Objectives.
• Must be a Strategic Thinker and come up with innovative solutions to solve complex technological and non-technical challenges
• Experience managing a team of exceptional engineers and engineering leads
• Must be able to attract and retain exceptional talent and build a world class Quality Engineering team
• Expert in managing all phases of Software development life cycle with emphasis on quality testing
• Must be able to deliver high quality, robust, sustainable, and cost-effective solutions within the agreed upon time frame
• Experience in simplifying, optimizing & modernizing testing by leveraging smart skills, processes, tools & platforms
• Experience working in an Agile & Waterfall SDLC
• Must have deep knowledge of various testing methodologies, QE terminology and processes.
• Must be comfortable collaborating across multiple teams and working in a fast-paced environment
• Must be able to develop strong and effective working partnerships with functions like Product, App Dev, Analyst, DevOps, Teck Risk, Architecture
• Must be able to effectively communicate with different teams in an integrated environment
• Must be quick to grasp new technologies and adapt to changing priorities
• Must be skilled in developing and effectively communicating test strategies that separate the essential from the non-essential work
• Must be able to demonstrate both foresight and flexibility in managing the testing of multiple simultaneous projects.
• Must have Financial Domain Experience especially in the areas of Custody, Treasury, Corporate Trust, Corporate Payments, Post Trade Settlements, Broker Dealer Services, Securities
• Takes initiative to communicate potential future problems and develops plan to resolve them when appropriate.
• Proficient with Object Oriented Programming Languages, Data Structures and Design Patterns - Preferably Java
• Proficient in Scripting Languages like Python, Ruby, Groovy
• Proficient working in a Linux/Unix based Environment
• Proficient in using open source test automation frameworks like Selenium WebDriver, Rest Assured
• Proficient in using BDD frameworks like Cucumber, JBehave, SpecFlow and Serenity BDD
• Proficient in Testing Automation with Web Apps, APIs, Message Queues, DBs
• Proficient in Testing Main Frames Systems, Win Forms Apps, Silverlight Apps, Messaging Queues, ETL Systems
• Proficient in Performance Testing with tools like JMeter, Fiddler, Dynatrace
• Experience working with CI Tools like Gitlabs, Jenkins, Bamboo, Travis CI
• Experience working with DevOps Tools like Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Consul, Vault, Prometheus, Nomad
• Experience working with multiple cloud providers like AWS, Azure & GCP
• Experience working with Relational & NOSQL DBs like SQL Server, Oracle DB, MongoDB
• Experience working with monitoring tools like AppDynamics, Dynatrace
• Experience working with Log Aggregation Tools like Splunk, Sumo Logic
• Experience working with Reporting Tools like Tableau, Grafana
• Experience with Mobile Application Testing & Mobile Test Automation
• Experience with testing Data Warehouse Systems
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred. 8-12 years of experience in a systems quality environment required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.