Prin, Full-Stack Dev
Sr. Full-Stack and Back-end Developers
Custody Modernization Project, BNY Mellon
As the world's largest custodian, BNY Mellon provides safekeeping and asset servicing to asset managers and asset owners. Custody plays an integral role in the financial markets and is foundational to the bank's overall franchise and value proposition.
Custody is ripe for transformation, and BNY Mellon is well positioned to take a leadership role in innovating the custodian of the future. Our goal is to deliver a consistent, global client experience by digitizing our end-to-end transactional lifecycles - all the way through to how we integrate with subcustodians and depositaries.
We are currently recruiting for multiple roles for back-end Java/Spring as well as Full Stack (Java with Angular) developer at mid to principal levels, at various locations (NY, NJ, and PA). The experienced full stack Java engineer will be working on a global engineering team responsible for building enterprise financial services. In this role, you will be not only be designing and coding, but also collaborating with team members and mentoring junior developers to help design and build world class software engineering capabilities within the Group.
Technical Skills (Distributed)
• Java, Spring, Spring Boot, J2EE Design Patterns, REST services
• Strong Knowledge of SQL, JDBC, Unix commands
• Hands-on experience in DB - Oracle or DB2
• Deployment Acquaintance in Apache Tomcat or Weblogic
• Expertise in Test driven development (Junit, JMeter), Continuous Integration (Jenkins), Build tool(Maven) and Version Control (Git), Development tools (Eclipse, IntelliJ)• Expertise in Test driven development (Junit, JMeter), Continuous Integration (Jenkins), Build tool(Maven) and Version Control (Git), Development tools (Eclipse, IntelliJ)
• Deep understanding of the software development life cycle.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), ability to work in a team environment.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to work well independently.
• Experience with complex system integration projects.
• Experience working with business analysts, database administrators, project managers and technical architects in multiple geographical areas.
• Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. Qualifications
..MODIFIED BASED UPON LOCAL REGULATIONS/REQUIREMENTS Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required 10-14 years of experience in software development required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. Job holder must have understanding interdependencies and business impact of future IT plans. S/he must have prior lead experience selecting and implementing vendor-specific methodologies and prior consulting experience with structured methodologies. Extensive experience with developing and supporting mainframe applications required. Job holder must have broad experience with multi-platform development tools and toolkits. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302 Requisition Number: