Portfolio Manager, Special Situations Group
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.21 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,025 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the worldâ€™s premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
We are seeking a Portfolio Manager to join our Special Situations Group. This individual will get exposure to a wide variety of Specialty Finance asset classes/alternative investments.
- Assist in sourcing, evaluating, and structuring a range of potential investments including, but not limited to; unsecured consumer loans, aircraft leases, equipment leases, life settlements, royalty streams, SME loans, trade finance, litigation finance, and regulatory capital transactions.
- Prepare presentations and make recommendations to senior Portfolio Managers and fund Investment Committees on investment opportunities.
- Work on ongoing management of these investments.
- 2-5 years' work experience, preferably in investment banking or asset management
- Bachelor's degree with a major in Finance, Economics, Mathematics or the Applied Sciences is preferred
- Existing knowledge of financial markets and transaction structuring preferred
- Excellent quantitative/analytical and written/verbal communication skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of personnel, both internal and external
- Highly organized
- Natural curiosity for learning and for seeking exposure to new concepts
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office